Part 1

(most of this is fake, I just want the original characters to have kids in this story)

Just a little bit about myself.. My call sign is Striker. I'm Icemans daughter and apparently I have arrogance just like him, but I don't see it if anything its them. Anyways my dad's friend ''Maverick'' as I called him growing up, invited me to Top Gun since, I finished flight school and wanted to go into the Navy, just like my dad. The only other person I know that got invited was Rooster. AKA Goose's son, he tragically died with Maverick in a crash. My father didn't really get to meet him but I heard he was a good guy. 

1st day of Top Gun: ''Bye dad, I'll miss you'' I hugged Iceman as I walked out of his office, which he stays in for almost all day since he's been getting worse. My mom was in the kitchen when I walked out the door. Ever since I said I was going into the Navy my mom was pissed at me, because ''its dangerous'' but in my eyes the only thing dangerous is me not carrying on my fathers legacy.  

After the short car ride to Top Gun, I pulled out my aviator sunglasses and walk into the fancy building. The first thing that caught my eye was a picture of Iceman and Maverick. I turned around and saw my dads picture. ''Damn my dad sure is popular around here''I mumble. 

I walk into the class and look around, I'm one of the first ones there. I sit next to a girl,''hey I'm Willow but my call signs Striker'' I said. She laughed,''I'm Sarah my call signs Callie'' interesting, I nodded and looked around for the other pilots. I saw some familiar faces from flight school but other than that there wasn't really much people or seats. Maverick walked in and smiled at me, which I returned a smile. The doors open and the one and only, Hangman. I rolled my eyes he was always a dick in flight school. If anything I wish I wasn't his cousin. ''aw, little Striker got called here, Iceman must be impressed''he sarcastically said.  ''Well at least I know how to not be a dick'' I laughed. Maverick glared at me, I looked away. 

Soon then Rooster arrived 5 minutes late, just like his flying. He sat next to me and didn't say a word, we really weren't friends in flight school just because I was close with Maverick and he hated him for reasons. Maverick started on how we have to do a mission in 3 months that he has to train us for.  I doubt it'll be 3 months they'll push it ahead but for now I'm not saying anything. He basically schooled us on what he'll be teaching and we will fly tomorrow. Then class was dismissed. 

''Wait so your the real Iceman's kid'' Callie asked. I nodded, geez people actually don't know this. ''Well I'm wolfmans if that makes any difference'' She said. ''Wait shit actually, I don't know if you know Hollywood but thats my uncle and Hangman's dad'' I said. Actually yes I know Hollywood briefly. ''ah alright''I said. ''I'm surprised Hotshot didn't come today'' Callie said. ''Hotshot'' I questioned. ''Sliders kid''She said. ''oh yeah, Slider was my dads RIO until Maverick and Iceman became buddies'' I said. It feels weird saying Iceman instead of dad. 

Callie and I kept talking because I wanted to go see Maverick in his office, he was busy as usual. ''actually theres Hotshot right now'' Callie said. I can already tell hes not going to be a good pilot just by the fact he was 25 minutes late to the first class. After Maverick got done yelling and Callie was done daydreaming I walked into Mavericks office. ''Hey Willow, I mean Striker''Maverick said. ''Sir'' I said. ''So a question about the mission, will this be pushed ahead just like years ago'' I asked. ''I just know Ice told you this, but I'd imagine'' he said. ''Also literally every kid here is someone from my dads class'' I said. ''I know that Hotshot kid ain't gonna make it, hes to cocky and needs to be straightened up''Maverick said. I nodded and said bye. 

''Your lover boy Hotshot probably isn't going on the mission'' I said. "your joking'' Callie said. ''Maverick doesn't like him, and I don't think he'll be ready since the mission will most likely be pushed ahead'' I said. ''Well anyways I requested him as my pilot, I'm thinking of being the RIO''Callie said. I nodded and mumbled''good luck''