Part 11

Todays the day... The big mission that could change my life forever or not. I wake up early, like really early. I watch old videos of Maverick,Goose, and my dad flying to get some adrenaline. Ever since Mav became our instructor I feel confident that this mission will be a success. I have the best WSO ever with the callsign:Rooster. 

Speaking of him, he awakes with Icey following after him. Truly a mans best friend. ''What are you doing up so early queenbee''Rooster asked. ''I could say the same''I said. ''Letting Ice out and preparing for the mission''Rooster walked to the sliding glass doors, grabbing a leash. 

I smile this man has me in a chokehold. Maverick then sends a text in the Topgun groupchat. ''Whatd Mav say''Rooster asked looking over to his phone unleashing Icey. ''The carrier is going to begin loading at 4:30am, be ready''I nervously say. Rooster sighed. ''Ugh I at least wanted some you time without your mother home but its whatever''Rooster said. ''Bradley Bradshaw''I shake my head. He comes over and pecks my cheek.

We both get our bags ready,I leave a quick note and head out the door with Bradley. ''You nervous''I asked. ''Nope not with you''He said. Easy for him to say hes not being the pilot. We race to Topgun to get our flightsuits on. 

Rooster comes out looking amazing as always. I sure do love a man in uniform. Hotshot and Callie arrive shortly after, me a Rooster leave the locker room un suspiciously. ''How much you wanna bet the reason they got here early is becauase they'll do the same as us''Rooster asks. ''Wouldn't doubt it''I wink.

Soon after I hear a locker door shut and the word ''Hotshot'' faintly. I shook my head and walked to Mavs office with Rooster. ''Hey theres the flight couple''Maverick said. ''Yeah''I lean into Rooster. ''Wheres Hangman''I asked. ''On his way to the carrier I'm just waiting for the two love birds to stop heating it up in the locker room''Maverick rolled his eyes. 

''But didnt you and Charlie do it in the-''Rooster began but I elbowed him in the stomach. ''Thanks'' Maverick mouthed. Callie and Hotshot look like hell but managed to clean themselves up and we all head to the carrier. ''Its going to be a long 6 hours''I say boarding the ship. ''tell me about it''Rooster said. 

Once I got on board the ship Rooster and I took our seats, Hangman sat next to us. ''Here''he gave me a piece of gum. ''Polar Ice'' ''Whats this for''I asked. ''Your father used to chew gum Maverick told me so I'm being nice''Hangman replied. I nodded and took the piece and split it with Rooster. ''I'm sorry for being a dick in training Maverick had a serious talk about how ignorant I was and I guess that was because Rooster was paired with you''Hangman said. 

''It's okay your still family, I have to be nice to you even if your mean to me''I smiled. ''Thanks cuz, its great to have you as family''Hangman hugged me. ''Yes I love our family, I remember when grandpa and you were fighting about whether you were going to join the airforce or navy and grandma left the table and ate in the bathroom to get away from it''I laughed. Hangman did the same. 

Hotshot and Callie later came over and Hangman left because he can't tolerate Hotshot for some reason. ''So how nervous are y'all for the mission''Hotshot asked. ''I mean I'm nervous but prepared''I said. ''Striker and I are as ready as we'll ever be''Rooster pulled me in for a hug. ''yeah same Callie and I are not nervous at all''Hotshot said confidently. ''Jaden shut the hell up you just cried because you didn't wanna leave the ground into the sea''Callie rolled her eyes. 

Rooster and I smiled and turned to look at Maverick walked to the front of the ''classroom'' ''so all the jets are ready for take off in a few short hours once we reach the Arabian sea. I will take off first, Striker and Rooster, then following Hotshot and Callie. As we planned Hangman will be waiting on deck for any disturbances. The flight time to hit the base target is 1minute 30seconds and pull up as hard as you can to avoid hitting the mountains. Then use flares to blow up triggered missiles. Remember pilots there are missiles everywhere hiding out to attack, be aware of your surroundings. WSO's should be on the lookout for any aircraft other than ours, there possibly might be a dogfight up there so be prepared and be easy on the tax payers aircraft machines''Maverick finished off with a joke. The room was silent trying to process everything Mav said.