My Fault

This is set summer of 1985 or known as season 3 of Stranger Things so spoilers for some parts of the season

I woke up to the sound of Cheers playing faintly in our living room.My dad must fallen asleep with the television playing,which he usually does because whenever he gets really drunk he'll fall asleep wherever he feels like it.I decided there was no use in going back to bed because the television seemed to get louder the more I tried to go back to bed.

I got dressed into a pair of jean shorts and a Journey T-Shirt since it seemed like it was gonna be pretty hot out I decided to put my hair in a low ponytail so my hair didn't get in my face.I walked out of my room to the bathroom down the hall and I brushed my teeth and washed my face.While I was in the bathroom I could still hear Cheers playing on the television.

When I went into the kitchen i saw my dad half asleep in our recliner assuming he was hungover I didn't say anything to him and headed to the kitchen to see if we had anything for breakfast when I checked the fridge the only thing I could see is a basically empty carton of milk and half a carton of eggs,I knew my dad hasn't gone to the grocery for at least a week.I decided to make the most of it and grabbed the milk carton and searched for cereal in the cabinet.

I poured the cereal then I poured the milk,now the milk carton was empty and so was the cereal box so I threw them in the trash."Did you just finish the milk?!"my dad yelled from the living room,I tried not to sound rude so I didn't start my morning off with me and my dad arguing"Yeah it was almost gonna anyways."I responded.I heard my dad get up from the recliner because I heard the squeak of the leather of the recliner.

Before I knew it my dad was in front of me with his arms crossed and that stupid angry expression he always has whenever he's mad,at this point it amuses me because I guess I'm used to it."Why didn't you save any for me?"He asked furiously.I could believe this he's the one who drank most of it during all of his hangovers."Well you drank most of when ever your hungover."I said now with my arms crossed,I knew what I was getting myself into and I was terrified but I tried not to show it.

"Don't talk to me like that!"He yelled as he slammed his hand onto the counter causing a loud BANG."What?You did it !"I yelled back."WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH!"He yelled and before I knew it his fist had made contact with my face sending me backwards into a counter,I could feel blood dripping from my nose as I touched it I could feel tears running down my face I tried to hide so he didn't laugh at me or hit me again for crying.

"See?You need to watch your god damn mouth!"He yelled as he walked away to his room and slammed the door.I knew this was my fault,it had to be I mean i knew he was gonna lose his temper and hit me.I ran to the bathroom and got a cloth and began wiping the blood from my nose,I looked on my cheek and saw a little bit of bruise I began to scramble for something that could cover up the bruise,mainly so no one asked me about it.

I decided to put a bandaid on because it's probably normal for kids to have bandaids on their face right?Maybe not for an 18 year old girl but I need to take what I can get.I decided to leave the house the tension in the house was higher than usual so it would be best to leave and get some fresh air.I found my Converse and ran out the door and slammed the door,of course the door was unlocked but if someone broke in hopefully they would kill my dad.

I found my skateboard that I had put under my window outside so whenever my dad's mad he won't destroy it.I grabbed it and ran to the street and began skating down to the new mall.Starcourt.

Well damn I didn't think I could type this fast.Dad is an asshole,anyways more chapters coming soon.