Chapter 3: 2 away, but Venti?

Y/n POV
That feeling went away, and I decided that I would go with what my brain tells me. "Ah.. I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline your offer" I politely decline their offer the best as I could. Xingqiu and Chongyun both looked at each other, and looked back at me again "I see, I do hope you'll accept our offer someday. I sincerely would like to be friends with you" Xingqiu waves goodbye to me as he walks away. I look over at Chongyun since he was still standing there. He slowly but surely walks up to me, making my heart beat faster and faster the closer he got to me. Not in a good way either. "... I felt a bit upset that you didn't want to be friends with us, but we don't want to force you. Here's a popsicle, as a way for you to consider it at least" He hands me a light blue popsicle, I was puzzled by his actions as I took it. "I... I'll consider it, but it'll take awhile for me to give a proper answer" Chongyun nodded before walking away to catch up to Xingqiu.

I look down at the popsicle he gave me to see a letter attached to the popsicle stick. Taking the letter I opened it up to read it 'I hope to get to know you more, Kikyo has told us a lot of stories about you' I was stunned by the contents of the letter. I shook my head and started to look if the popsicle had anything strange in it. I mean... there isn't any poison in the popsicle, it's just a normal popsicle luckily. I ate the popsicle as I was making my way back to my dorm. Although I couldn't help but get a sense of uneasiness. I quickly try finishing the popsicle since it started to melt and once I did, I threw the popsicle stick into a nearby trash can, I kept the letter in my backpack, but I can't help but get the feeling that someone is watching me.

I decided the speed up my pace just in case my gut feeling was right. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder, I jumped by the sudden contact and was ready to defend myself from whoever it was. When I took a closer look, it was......

"Venti?"

"Woah! What made you get this defensive? No worries, I'm not here to harm you~!" I deadpanned, he could've worded that differently... "What do you want from me?" I ask with caution. Venti looks at me curiously "What's with the sudden weariness? I just wanted to ask if you'd like to hangout with me and my other two friends" I continued staring at him before I ultimately decided to walk away. "Hey, where do you think you're going" His voice quickly darkens, my spine shivering in fear "Back to my dorm" I simply replied, pretending as if I wasn't affected by it. Venti pouted "C'mon!! It wouldn't hurt to hangout, it's a good way to get to know people and make more friends!" I pondered for awhile.

"What are you guys going to do anyways?" I asked as I turned around to look at him. He smiles "Poetry and probably a couple of experiments, I'm teaching someone poetry while my other friend are going to do some alchemy and wanted us to watch. He said that I could invite only one other person to watch it" I nodded as I'm taking the information in 'Invite only one other person' But why would he want to invite me? Taking a step of courage I question "Why invite me though? Couldn't you invite Kikyo?" Venti put a thinking face on before answering quickly "Well~ I did, but she said that she was busy with other things and told me to ask you instead. Since she told me you tend to stay inside all day and only go out whenever it's class or a friends hangout" I stared at the floor and pouted 'Why did you do this to me Kikyo... I know she isn't aware, but she's putting me in a even more sticky situation than I'm already am'