Chapter 1. The Hellfire Club.

Ever since last year, when I acquired pyrokinesis, things have been... different. You see I was supposed to be babysitting Erica, as I had done for the past four years, and two years for her brother as well. But then she dragged be to go hang out with Steve 'the hair, the jerk' Harrington and Robin Buckley, which was beyond confusing in itself. And an innocent sundae turned into, in Erica's words, 'Mission Child Endangerment.' That mission turned into me endangerment, because I was stupid enough to touch the stingy thingy Erica found. It should have killed me, but it didn't, it didn't even hurt really, so much that I absorbed all of the energy out of it, then I caught on fire obviously. But it didn't hurt either, it was like I could control it.

So now whenever I feel extreme emotions, I have to control my flames, so no one knows I can create fire at will.

Its tough being Beatrix Lillemore Vesta.

Like right about now, I can feel my hand burning red hot as Eddie Munson stands over little Erica, but she doesn't look scared. I'm not scared either, I don't feel upset, so then I wonder why my hands are on the verge of bursting into flames. "Welcome to Hellfire." He says, shaking her hand. My hands still don't cool off, in fact, at his smile they almost grow hotter. Dustin must notice this because he sneakily hands me a cold can of soda. Even if we saved the world together, were really not that close. I've kind of distanced myself from the whole party. I didn't want to be the center of attention. I never had wanted to be, I had a few fair weather friends, and then my best friend who lived all the way in Maine. And honestly, I kind of liked not being the object of anyone's attentions.

But suddenly I had become the exact object of Eddie Munsons attention. "And who is this?" He asked, sticking out his hand, I didn't take it at first, I left my hand in my jacket pocket, gripping around the cold soda can. But with him standing over me, his brown eyes pouring into mine, I felt my tongue rise to the roof of my mouth, my face went red hot, and my hands only got hotter, I could feel the paint shrinking off of the can, I tried to calm myself down and yanked my hand out of the pocket. I shook his hand. I could tell it was still to hot. His face didn't flicker. "Your hands hot. Got a fever?" He asks. I don't get the chance to answer. "No, no I think its just the fact that your face is as red as your hand is hot." He smiles.

"You wanna tell me your name now, sweetheart?" Eddie asks. My instinct is to tell him off for teasing me, but for some reason I can't get the words 'listen up prick' off my tongue. So instead I say. "I'm Erica's babysitter." I want to deliver my name next, but I don't get the chance.

"Correction, your not my babysitter, you used to be, now your my high school friend." Erica corrects me. "You mess with her, I will rip those curls straight out of your big head you got that, freak?" She says sassily.

"Leave him alone, Erica." I say as he turns back around to him. "Beatrix." I smiled. "That's my name, you got that, Sweetheart?" I tilt my head. "I'm sure you wont mind me sticking around will you?" I don't see anger on his face, but then he smiles. "Take a seat, Beatrix, anyone your heart desires."

I do, its one next to his, I have to admit how intrigued I am with all the things he has set up back here, and I must say I don't understand a single fucking part of it. He looks to me throughout the game to point out the struggle on the players face, and it it quite amusing. Of course I knew who Eddie Munson was, he had failed senior year twice, I was a year younger than him, but that's only because I started school late. I thought he didn't know who I was until I remembered our middle school art teacher made us work on that project together. He did most of the talking, I did the basic work and stayed quiet while he was more creative. But I was sure he didn't remember that.

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█

Surprisingly, by the time the game is over I have a much higher idea of Eddie Munson than I did 2 hours ago. You come to learn that hes funny, considerate, sweet, and even generous when he wants to be. Not to mention gorgeous. Like have you seen that man? I mean I have before but holy mother of Steve that boy is so-

"Vesta." A voice interrupts my thoughts. For a brief moment I want to tell the boy I was just thinking about him, but then I don't. "Hm?" I hum, looking up at him. "You're blushing." He points out. "Am I? Or are you going colorblind?" I narrow my eyes at him. "No I'm pretty sure you're blushing." Eddie nods. "Maybe I am. Whats it to you, Munson? Want to know what I'm thinking about?"

"Well yes, actually." He shrugs. "Well," I say suspense-fully, gesturing towards myself. Eddie leans down for me to whisper in his ear. "To bad I'm not telling you." I whisper with a grin. "You really are a tease you know that?" He asks. "Don't play dumb with me, Ed." I smile, looking back up at him as we begin to walk next to the basketball crowd. "Hey, Beatrix!" One of the basketball players yell. I'm not exactly popular, but I'm thought of to somewhat of a standard.

"What you doing with the freak?" The boy asks. "What are you doing with that face?" I ask back. I hear a couple of 'oooos' before turning the corner, to which Eddie follows me quickly "Don't say it." I warn him.

"They think we're together." He states. "Thanks captain obvious." I roll my eyes. "Well then, why don't we just go out?" He shrugs. "What?" I ask, stopping to turn and look at him. "I met you two hours ago." I say, completely ignoring all of the things my brain was thinking two minutes ago. "And we hit it off. Lets just go out as friends."

"I don't like going out, lets just stay in. My mom and dad are on a weekend trip to Bermuda-" I explain before feeling the look he gives me. "Not like that! Get your head out of the gutter." I hit him on the head. "Ouch." He mutters. "We'll just watch a movie. Play a board game. Make fun of the balls in laundry baskets people." I shrug. "You heard that." He smiles a little bit. "I think the whole cafeteria did." I nod. "So, tonight?"

"No, no I have business to attend to tonight." Eddie informs me. I don't ask. "Alright then, tomorrow, my place, I'll pick up a good movie." I smile. "You do that. Ask the video store if they have anything for freaks."

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█

"You guys still open?" I ask, stepping in to the video store. "Bea? The hell have you been!" Steve asks accusingly. "We're just closing up." Robin informed me. "Try not to burn any of our movies." She smiled, going back to sweeping. "Why are you here?" Steve asked, leaning on the counter. "I need a movie."

"Good job Einstein, what kind?" He jokes. "Well I may or may not have this guy coming over tomorrow, and we want to watch a movie." I say cautiously before proceeding. "Nothing boring hes uh... adventurous." I smile. "You're blushing." Steve points out. "I am not." I roll my eyes. "Who is he?"

"I can't tell you. I'll never hear the end of it." I complain. "Shes right!" Robin chimes in before going back to sweeping. "C'mon seriously, promise I wont laugh." He says. I mumble something under my breath. "Come again?" He asks. "Eddie Munson!" I say a louder. Robin drops her broom. "No way." She giggles, rushing over. "Its probably going to just end in a hookup, nothing more." I say over their laughter. "You're hooking up with EDDIE THE FREAK MUNSON?"

"No! Robin! I- he-" I struggle. "I know its a little off-brand for me but, hes actually extremely sweet- and funny, really caring and incredibly-" Gorgeous? Hot? Sexy? my brain said. "- interesting." I finished. "You're blushing." Robin grinned. "Would everyone stop saying that!"

"Alright, alright fine movies." Steve rolled his eyes. "Uh- you could always watch St. Elmo's Fire." He smiles. "Hardy-har very funny." I said sarcastically. "You like scary movies?" Steve asks. "Not really, when you've been through the hell we have though, doesn't really bother you."

"Nightmare on Elm Street?" Steve suggests. "That movie freaks me the hell out though." I shake my head. "Come on, you could cuddle up close to him at every jump scare, have him hold your hand-"

"Ok shut up." I say, feeling my hand heat up. "I'll take it then." I smile.