Chapter 8. Papa

“Steve says to hurry up!” Erica tells the group. “We’re trying, we can't find anything!” Max says. “What is all this shit?” Robin asks. “What are you even looking for?” Eddie shoots back. “Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? We need music!”

“THIS IS MUSIC!” He yells back. “Everybody just stop yelling! We can find something! I’m sure of it!” Beatrix says in hopes to calm everyone down.

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█

“Try not to miss.” Max says dramatically. “We won’t.” Beatrix responds, who has been sitting in the corner this whole time saying less than nothing. “Because it's me. I’m going to kill him.” She says. “There's no way in hell-”

“Can it, Munson. If hes really defensless, we’ll light him up with some bomb sure but, I have to be our main weapon. I have to be there.” She nods. “Well duh.” Steve says, making everyone turn to look at him. “What? Nobody else was thinking that?” He asks, looking around.
“Regardless, we still need weapons.” Beatrix says. “I got something.” Eddie responds, looking up at her. “Toss me the phone book, sweetheart.” She rolls her eyes but hands it to him anyway. He flips through the pages frantically before landing on one. “The war zone. I’ve been there once, it's huge. They’ve got everything you need for uh,... killing stuff.” He smiles.

“You think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade, I mean how is any of this legal?” Robin asks. “I don’t know, but lucky for us it is.” Beatrix says. “This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins, if we steer clear of the main roads we should be able to avoid cops and… angry hicks.” Eddie smiles. “If we’re trying to avoid angry hicks we probably shouldn’t go to some store called ‘the war zone’?” Erica suggests.

“Normally I’d agree but, we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk.” Nancy says. “Me too.” Lucas agrees. “But not the time, it’ll take all day to bike there and back.” Dustin points out. “Who said anything about bikes?” Eddie asks. “You got some secret car we don’t know about?” Beatrix raises and eyebrow to which Eddie stands up to meet her confused gaze.

“It's not really a car, and it's not really mine.” He smiles at her. “But It’ll do, Red, you got a ski mask or bandana or something like that?” He asks, turning around to the younger girl.

Next thing Beatrix knows, they’re sneaking behind him, in a Michael Myers mask, to the back of an rv. He slides a window open and jumps in, throws the mask to the side with a comment about it being suffocating, and helps Beatrix in. “Thank you.” She smiles, jumping in as Eddie heads towards the front of the RV.

After heaving Steve, Nancy, Robin, and Max into the Rv, she heads towards the front to meet up with Steve and Robin. “Eddie, I’m not sure I love the idea of you driving.” Robin says. “Agreed.” Beatrix smiles, piling on behind her. “Oh I’m just starting this sucker, Harringtons got her. Don’t you, big boy?” He asks as the engine sputters to life and music blasts.

“Hey! Open this door!” The woman yells. “Shit, go!” Steve says, shoving the three other teens towards the back of the RV. “EVERYBODY HANG ONTO SOMETHING!”

And just like before, Beatrix is stuck in the middle with the shaking starts. “Not this time!” Robin grunts, dragging her friend towards them, Beatrix rolls over the table and finds herself next to Lucas as below Eddie, who is standing on the back of the seat for an unknown reason. “Shit they look pissed.”

“Yeah well it's not everyday you lose your car and house in one fell swoop.” Robin shakes her head.

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█

“Hey.” Eddie says, sliding onto the bench next to his friend. “Hi.” She smiles, not moving her eyes from the window behind her. “How- are you?” He hesitates. “I’ve been better, knowing I have to kill this monster that's supposed to be unkillable.” Beatrix says, turning to him. “So much for small talk.” He smiles weakly. “What's your favorite song?” She asks, looking back out the window.