Chapter 5. The Nina Project

"Wake up, Bea." 

When Beatrix awakens, Steve Harrington is shaking her awake. "What do you want, you hairy jerk?" She asks tiredly. "Nancy, Max, Dustin." He says, pointing at the spots where the people just were. "Gargling radio." She points out the walkie talkie. Steve extends the antenna. "Yes?" He asks, annoyed. "Is Wheeler there? I asked her to get me a six pack but she never-"

Beatrix shoves Steve aside, still trying to finger comb through her bed head. "You're incredibly stupid to be drinking right now. I'll see what I can do, plus we have worse matters at hand. Over and out." She says, shutting off the antenna and storming upstairs. 

"Nancy?" She asks, coming into the kitchen. "Oh Beatrix, I haven't seen you since last year- how've you been dear-" Karen begins. "Is everyone awake?" Nancy asks quickly. "I think Steve is waking Lucas and Robin up." She nods. "Get dressed." Nancy says before walking past her to the basement. 

"Mrs. Wheeler, do you have a hair straighter?" Beatrix asks. "Of course sweetheart, what kind of woman would I be without hair tools?" Karen laughs. "Yes, sure invade our personal space as well while you use our things we pay for." Ted says over his newspaper. "Sure." Bea shrugs, heading towards the master bedroom.

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█

 "Beatrix? Help me out here." Steve begs, looking between her and Dustin. "Oh sweet Stevie, you ever had a dream, that you just can't shake off? You can't unremember it? That you, hold onto." She asks, walking over to him. "Yeah, 4th grade, I was terrified of my basement." Steve shrugs. "Well my dream was that... I could not, spend time... alone... with Steve 'the hair, the jerk' Harrington." She smiles, turning towards the staircase and heading up it.

"Robin? Oh Nancy?" She asks sing-songy. "Oh Nance, if I only I could fall in love with you by chance." Beatrix sings. "I hate to break it to you but I'm taken." Nancy smiles, coming up behind her. "I know, I was making up a song."

"Well if you're done, we've got some questions to ask you, young lady." Robin says, turning the corner. "I'm older than you by two months, but continue." Bea smiles, heading into the dusty room. "So, you and Eddie?" Nancy asks with raised eyebrows.

"You've got to be kidding me." Beatrix rolled her eyes. "Max is cursed, Eddie's an accused murdered, we don't know when or who Vecna's going to kill next and you two are worried about whether or not I'm going to kiss some guy I met 2 days ago?"

"Yes.

"Precisely." The two say at the same. "Well... I don't know yet. I- he's traumatized. How can I take advantage of that? It feels wrong to do all of this now, when hes at his very lowest." She shakes her head. "What better time?" Asks Nancy, daring to open one of the drawers, before seeing old lingerie and closing it so fast dust flew up in her face.

"Sorry?"

"I'm just saying, if Vecna's killing people with trauma, Eddie could be next, or you could be next." Nancy says. "I mean, with all the shit we've been through? Don't tell me you don't have a little bit of trauma." Robin laughs with her.

"So, if you could die tomorrow, what would you do today? Why would you hide those secrets, those feelings that you feel when you're near him? Why do you keep them?" The curly-haired girl questions. "Tell him you want to be his, tell him, or show him." Nancy suggests, shaking her shoulders. "Make it like one of those wild romance novels. 'I've always wanted to be yours, Edward!' " Robin jokes

"It'll be raining, and he'll say 'I don't want to dream of a world where I'm not with you, Beatrix'."

"To which I would say 'Its a good thing you can't sleep then'." Bea laughs a little. "I'll give it a shot." The girl promises. "Well we all know you've got the light on." Nancy jokes, looking over at Robin who smiles. "I don't get it." Beatrix says, looking at the two.

They hear loud clattering and Nancy rushes towards the door way. Beatrix and Robin stay behind for a moment before following her. "If there's a spider in there you won't find it till it lays eggs and all the babies spill out." Robin smiles. "Your hair is a jungle, maybe all of them will get their own rooms." Bea jokes as well. "Whats wrong with you two, huh? Seriously." He says as the two girls walk past him.

They look around silently for a few minutes. "Platonic with a capital P." Robin adds one time, making Beatrix pay attention to the conversation she hadn't been paying attention too. "I would date her it just... shes... never mind we're just friends." Steve says as Robin and Bea step into the next room.

"What did he mean by that?" Beatrix asks when they're in there. "Huh?"

"You and Steve. He said he would date you but you're.... just what?" Beatrix questions. "Uh.. nothing. Steve's just not my type." Robin smiles. "Yeah, because hes a guy?" She asks again, making Robin snap her head over. "What- what do you mean by that?" She asks.

"Robin, you do a really good job of hiding it, you do. But my gaydar is off the charts." Beatrix smiles. "And I get it. I like girls too." She whispers. "I mean obviously guys and girls but... what I'm trying to say is, one less person you have to worry about assaulting you for liking boobs." Bea smiles, still whispering. "Thanks." Robin says, her head down. She reaches over and hugs the other girl. "Between me and you, as a person who also likes girls, you're a really hot gay." The older girl whispers. "You too." 

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█

A/N: lets pretend I wrote that one part where the flashlights went all kabloey.