Oneshot #2

Warning: contains slight language

For one moment.

All he is asking for is one moment alone with Alli, and they're making it so damn difficult every second. No matter how much he had silently begged for the Rusties, Aunt Fanny, and Bigweld to stop, they just kept ruining it for him.

Rodney groaned internally when he remembered how Fender made kissing noises and lovey-dovey gestures when Alli wasn't looking. It was only just viewing how beautiful the sunset looked from above the Industries. He rubbed his face in agitation as a sigh escaped his lips.

Getting up from his desk, he paced around his office in need of a much-required break. Wonderbot squeaked as he hovered beside him.

"'m fine. Just needed a break from thinking about ideas too much," Rodney reassured his little friend. His hands were behind his head as his eyes faced the ceiling.

Wonderbot then wiggled its eyebrows at him playfully and squeaked.

"No, I'm not thinking about her!" Rodney argued, his face blushing like a tomato.

Wonderbot laughed, holding onto its sides. Rodney yelled in agitation, covering his face. "Not you, too!"

At that moment, Bigweld entered the office. "Everything alright?"

"Fine. Just needed a break for a moment. My head's empty of ideas," Rodney replied, attempting to hide his blushing cheeks.

"Apart from Alli?"

Rodney froze upon hearing her name and spun around to face Bigweld, who smirked back at him mischievously.

"I...don't know what you mean."

"I know that look when I see one, kid."

"Nope, nope. Nothing to tell."

"Well, maybe there could be."

Rodney turned to glare at him. "You know what, you and the others are unbelievable."

"You know, there's a really nice restaurant you two can go to..."

"Goddamnit, we talked about this!" Rodney cut him off before he can even continue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day could not go any faster. At the end of the day, Rodney was quick to avoid his employees, who ended up teasing him about his and Alli's relationship, and managed to slip through the gates to the Industries before the new Gatekeeper could even say a thing.

Once he was able to get into Aunt Fanny's place, he slammed the door shut and slid down against the wooden door, sighing with relief and tiredness. Running his hand through his hair, he got up from the floor and set his suitcase down next to the coat rack before he took off the jacket.

Without a second, Rodney jumped onto the couch and exhaled at the soft touch. All day, and the Rusties, Aunt Fanny, Bigweld, and even Cappy wouldn't stop shipping him and Alli hard, despite the fact that they got together a few months back. Wonderbot giggled as it flew next to him.

"Wonderbot, I swear to God..."

"I'm back!"

A feminine shout stopped Rodney from saying more. When he looked up, he saw Alli walking in as she sighed in annoyance and relief. As she brushed her hand through her auburn waves, she dropped her backpack on the ground once she entered the living room.

"You, too?" Rodney asked her without even moving off the couch.

"Yeah. Annie and Mum wouldn't shut up," Alli explained to him as she took off her jacket and placed it on the hook. "They're always asking when you're going to pop the question...or if I will, for that matter."

"Barely together for a month, and they're already asking about marriage?"

"Exactly! It'll take more months or even years to be ready for the next step!" Alli ranted and sighed when she plopped down next to Rodney. "And Dad's even saying about giving us his blessing one day."

"No way. Your father?" Rodney faced her with a perplexed eyebrow. "I thought he doesn't like me."

"Well, when he saw us together, I think we reminded him a lot of when he and Mum were younger."

"Ah."

With Wonderbot put like a light, the two could finally get some peace. Though they knew it wouldn't be long before they were suddenly ambushed by teasing from their friends, they were glad to be next to one another.

"How long until they stop by again?" Rodney asked, breaking the short silence.

"Probably a few minutes, give or take," Alli replied. She nuzzled her face against the crook of his neck. "At least we have all the time to ourselves..."

"Yep, you bet," Rodney wrapped an arm around her. His other hand rested on her leg. "You sure we can't go back to the apartment?"

"We'll just hang out here for a while. Besides..." Alli straddled his lap with a mischievous smirk, which made him blush more. "...I can tell how much you miss me."

Rodney's cheeks were now red as a rose, even more redder than the last time. He stuttered for a moment as he averted his eyes to the ground. "Alli, not here..." He tried to warn her, his voice shaky.

"Why? You're scared?" She raised a flirty eyebrow at him.

At that moment, his shyness melted away. "Hell to the no..."

With his hands holding onto her waist, Rodney smashed his lips against Alli's. Her arms wrapped themselves around his neck, her fingers occasionally messing with his blue locks. Soft giggles and chuckles emitted from both of them as they continued to kiss.

For a moment, the peace between them seemed relieving...

"Gotcha!" The yell was followed by a camera flash.

Rodney and Alli yelped in fright and barely fell off the couch as they held onto each other. "Fender!" They simultaneously shouted, their faces red.

"Hah! The greatest shot of the century!" Fender laughed as he held a camera with a wide grin. The Rusties and Blue stood behind him with huge smiles.

"Dude! Can't you do one day where you're not ambushing us?!" Rodney yelled at him.

"If we didn't, we'd know we'd be doing something wrong," Blue smirked, her arms folded.

"Goddammit, guys! Can you give us some time alone?" Alli nearly shouted agitated.

"No can do, Al. We need to save this moment," Piper answered.

Rodney groaned, hiding his face in Alli's neck, as the latter glared at the group.