11

possibly a comeback?? or not????

you blinked a few times to adjust your vision once again to the individual infront of you and parted your lips to speak, however the only thing that sounded was a chuckle.

"i'm sorry, do i know you?" you questioned the young male, his expression switching from worry to shock. shock that you didn't recognize him.

the door abruptly opening which made you flinch along with your two childhood friends entering the room.
atsumu and osamu, rushing to your side and seeming relieved to find you alright.

a gasp left your lips. "my mother! how is she doing??" your question directed towards the doctors and nurses standing in the room. "her treatment is not quite over yet. there may be some long term side effects due to the incident but the surgery had went well." one of the surgeons responded, making you suspicious. it happened two years ago, however it seemed they were quite prepared for this question.

you choose not to put any more pressure and nod. the reporters were swarming the halls outside. highly likely because of the famous volleyball players that are surrounding your hospital bed. 'what a pain.'  you thought, a sigh escaping your lips.

something was bothering you though, a frown appearing on your face at that moment. all the important people in your life were there, why weren't your parents? as you were lost in thought, you felt atsumu tap your shoulder, which made you wake up. your body felt dirty, you needed to shower and get cleaned up as soon as possible.

"you don't remember sakusa?" atsumu questioned which caught your attention, following his gaze, he must've been referring to the first guy that got here. however he was the least of your worries.

"lets catch up soon, okay? i have things to do." atsumu and sakusa seemed to not be in agreement with your statement, but osamu eventually dragged them out. the sound of the chaos outside slowly fading aswell, they must've distracted them.

turning to the side and pressing your feet on the ground before attempting to stand up, almost falling down during the process. it was understandable, after so long of not being able to function like you always did, its no surprise that you couldn't adapt straight away.

a clean set of decent clothes that you requested was brought back from the nurses. one thing that you also just noticed was the room, it looked fancy and clean for a patient like you. the nurses informed you that it was a VIP room which made your jaw drop. you weren't poor, but you also weren't rich, something felt off about this.

nevertheless, these VIP rooms were rather large and had bathrooms with showers, which you gladly used and felt relieved to feel all the germs wash off of your body. you didn't feel completely clean, the room was touched by god knows who, etc. but that wasn't what you should currently worry about.

you weren't discharged either, but that wasn't going to stop you from leaving. after putting on the new clothes you decided that you needed to know what was going on. you called your parents through the number you got at the reception desk, they picked up to your surprise.

"you have the time to pick up your phone immediately but not to visit your daughter?? how ironic." before giving them a chance to respond, you immediately asked: "where are you??"

after awhile, you found yourself infront of their new home. to your surprise, it was a villa. there was a maid that opened the door and let you in to the house, leading you to the living room where you could see your parents with a guilty face expression, but why?

once the maid left the room, you started asking questions. "what happened to mom, why was she at the hospital? where'd you get the money for this luxurious house and for the surgery? what the hell happened these past 2 years?"  countless thoughts wandered throughout your mind, getting impatient and worried.

your mother parted her lips to speak. "we won the lottery!" she said with a smile, thats it, thats her explanation. it made your blood boil, there wasn't a single thought behind those eyes, almost as if that was not the truth.

"why weren't you there once i woke up? as my guardians, you should've been the first to know about it, no?" you asked once again, it almost didn't sound like a question, moreover a fact.

„forgive us please, we had things to do! you can't expect us to always be by your side, do you?" her words shocked you. what could've been more important than her own child?

"what about your accident? why were you in a hospital? why was i in a VIP room?" you raised a brow and sharpened your gaze, expecting a proper response this time from your mother.

"it wasn't anything horrible. i'm alright now and you are too, right? thats all that matters! try to forget about the past and just focus on whats ahead of you." she responded, that fake smile on her face never once leaving.

your eyes shifted to your father, his eyes were however glued to the floor. he didn't speak at all which was unusual. your mother was also a curious person who questioned everything and encouraged you to do so aswell to acquire extra knowledge, however now she's telling you to get over it.

something was wrong, and you didn't like it one bit. you know what kind of people your parents are, both as stubborn as ever, if they told you it was like this, then the chances that they'll change their mind are low. so you made the decision to find out yourself.

"i see, i see." you responded, nodding slowly at her statement before looking back up. the maid fortunately interrupted the atmosphere and let everyone know that lunch was ready, and to get to the dining room to enjoy it as a family this time.

your parents got up and made their way to the dining room with you, however you excused yourself. "i have to use the restroom, i'll be back in a moment."

now walking towards the opposite way of the hallway, feeling the presence of your parents disappear as they went towards the dining room. leaving you to snoop around, walking through the hallway with doors on each side.

a particular one caught your attention however. a golden plate in the center of it reading 'restricted access' which made you curious. however when you reached to open the door, you got interrupted by something, or perhaps, a certain someone??

────────────────
WOOO A COMEBACK???
its been awhile!! i've been busy mainly w my classes but i read over the story once again and felt embarrassed about the stuff i wrote about, as it sucks. 😭
i felt like continuing this, let me know your thoughts! 💭