Chapter 6 : Naruto's Crisis

"Would you cut it out!" Sarada complained, watching as her teammate went through his kunai pouch for the seemingly hundredth time that afternoon.

"What?! I have to be prepared, y'know! Who the hell knows what we're gonna have to do when we walk in there!" Boruto shot back.

Sarada just rolled her eyes. "You're an idiot sometimes, you know? You probably would have only needed to check your stuff, oh, I don't know, twice, not every twenty seconds for the last two hours!"

"Well it's not my fault that Konohamaru-sensei is late!" the blondie whined, pouting while he crammed his kunai and various other accoutrements back into their respective places on his person. "Why the hell are you so cranky anyways? I was barely making any noise."

"Maybe not," the Uchiha admitted with a frown. "But after two hours," she hissed that last part in emphasis, "it was starting to whittle away at my sanity! Do you have-"

"Please stop bickering," came the exasperated groan of their third teammate from underneath a nearby tree.

The three of them were standing around the infamous Training Ground 3. Three stumps stood closest to the large expanse of river that split the grounds into two sizeable portions, girdled on all sides by massive walls of foliage. Underneath one of these trees sat Mitsuki - the strange, pale-faced, heritage-less ninja that had weaseled his way onto Boruto and Sarada's team.

He may have been a strange individual on a personal level, but even Boruto had to admit that he was an exceptional ninja.

Underneath a similar tree, not too far away, sat the two genin lauded for being the most brilliant minds of their generation.

Sarada Uchiha was leaning against the trunk of the tree with her sleeved arms crossed in disgruntlement, bright red sleeveless blouse bunching up underneath her hands as she did so.

She was about to launch another verbal attack on her moderately flustered teammate when the sound of shinobi sandals running into the clearing caused them to jump up in anticipation.

The flustered, heavily panting figure of their sensei bolted into view, and they all turned and growled at him.

Well, Boruto and Sarada did, at least.

Mitsuki just kind of sat there nonchalantly.

"You're late!" Boruto shouted, pointing an angry finger at Konohamaru.

The Sarutobi jounin just gave an uneasy chuckle and shrugged, as he caught his breath, arms on his knees as he keeled over a bit.

"Ugh... uh... yeah... sorry... 'bout that..."

"Come on! We're not gonna be let into the first exam if you keep delaying us like this!" Boruto roared, jetting off out of the clearing. Sarada, while more reserved and understanding, also took her leave in a huff.

Konohamaru just shrugged as Mitsuki gave him an impassive look as he strolled by, before he turned around and began to follow his team back into town.

"Wait up, you guys! I'm sorry I'm late, okay?! Just hang on a second, would you!"

That slowed Boruto down, at least.