1.

I groaned as I sat up in bed. My latest conquest was fast asleep beside me in bed. I hadn't planned to let him spend the night, but his tongue was magic. I wondered if I'd keep him around for a time. I enjoyed the way his body moved. And the way he made mine feel. Our chance meeting had turned into a wonderful and wicked thing. I hadn't had excitement like him in my bed in far too long. I looked at him peacefully sleeping and couldn't help but want another taste. His soft pale skin looked even paler against my midnight blue sheets. Bruises were forming where I had hit him the night before. His long sandy brown hair curled and hid the bite marks on his neck. He was thin. An almost feminine frame. I had felt a few times last night that if I pushed too hard he would break under my touch.

"I'm going to get in the shower."I grabbed my phone from the nightstand. It was almost two in the afternoon. I really needed to pace myself. I wasn't on shift tonight, but I would still need to sleep.

"What time is it?" He turned to face me and lazily looked up at me. His eyes were a beautiful hazel. A green and brown pit I could get lost in. I saw realization flash across his face as he sat up. "I'm so sorry. I know you said I couldn't spend the night. I am so sorry." He looked around for his clothes. 

I snorted. "It's more like you spent the morning. We were still at it when the sun came up." I stretched as I walked towards the bathroom. "It's almost two. If you don't have anything to do, I'll make something to eat before you go... Just let me shower." 

He nodded and laid back down in my bed. He groaned slightly. He must have felt the after-effects. My whole body hurt. I could only imagine how he felt. I had put him through the paces. 

The warm shower was nice. I had always loved the water. I wrapped myself in a soft bathrobe and went to ask him what he wanted to eat. After the time he had shown me I was letting him pick. When I got out he wasn't in my bed. My room was small for a master bedroom. I only had my bed, dresser, and nightstands. I walked out into the hall. He was standing in my living room looking for something. When he saw me he smiled sheepishly. Caught trying to sneak out.

"Your keys are by the door in the owl dish." I walked past him into the kitchen. I wasn't going to fight to keep him here.

"I wasn't-" he stopped and looked at the bowl. There were his keys. "I wasn't leaving. I mean I can if you want..."

I rolled my eyes. "I said I'd feed you if you wanted. I'm not a liar. And I'm not taking you hostage." I began looking for my favorite pot. "How do you feel abou-" before I could finish my phone sounded. The loud blaring tone of the hospital calling. "Shit."

I ran into the other room looking for my phone. I saw him answer it. "Maryanne," It was his phone, not mine. I thought it was weird we had the same tone. "My shift isn't for another five hours." He paused. The little flush he had on his cheeks drained. "No. If you must know, I've been busy." His entire demeanor changed.

I heard my phone. I had put it down on the counter when I went digging for my pot. "You've reached Dr. Hawthorne." It was a well-rehersed answer. Comand the pristege of my title.

"Where are you?" It was the ER charge nurse, Louise. She sounded stressed.

"My house? Where else would I be?" I looked in my fridge. I wanted something different. 

"Turn on your TV."

I flipped on the TV. The news showed a street in the downtown area. Smoke billowed up. I felt my mouth go dry. I knew exactly where that smoke was coming from. The entire store front and roof were missing. The roofs of the shops beside it had caved in.

"So why are you calling me?" I wasn't on call. Another doctor named Jason was.

"Dr. Kane's foot was run over by an angry biker and Dr. Andrew isn't answering. We are getting traumas. And you are the senior ER attending now." Kane was an ER doctor. Andrew was cardio. I kept watching the smoke.