The First Movements

Sulit

A/N: This is the last completed chapter I have of this story so far. Future updates are to be determined, and I won't promise consistent updates. But I can say that soon, I'll be done with a couple of chapters for some other stories, including "Gray is Not All Colorless". 

For those of you who want more of "Song Defies Color", you will have to keep being patient. I want to finish "Gray is Not All Colorless" first before continuing on with that story and this one. It may not sound ideal, but at least I won't have to stress about it for the time being, despite the many comments about me wanting to continue it. I hope you guys understand. 

Anyway, let's get on with Chapter 4. Quick disclaimer: this is something a little scary mentioned in this chapter. It is something that can happen during pregnancy that could lead to a miscarriage; I looked it up. Roll it! 

Chapter 4

The First Movements

Another two months had passed since Poppy learned of her pregnancy, and that the father of her baby was none other than Branch. Well, as shocking as the circumstances were, she was grateful that they were going to be working together to keep the baby a secret, as well as raise the trolling when it hatches from its egg. But for the moment, she had to focus more on hiding her pregnancy and its symptoms until the egg was ready to come.

The only new thing that happened after her conversation with Branch was that eventually, chocolate became part of her super-healthy diet of fruits and veggies she was forced to be on because of the baby. However, that was the only sweet thing that the baby even liked, so she would still get sick at the sight of anything else that was artificially sweet. When Poppy had complained about that to Branch during one of their newly scheduled weekly visits, he just had that annoying smug smirk on his face as he held back an amused snort. The pink princess just rolled her eyes, failing to see what was so funny about that. 

That morning, after Poppy had a very appetizing breakfast of watermelon cubes and blueberry pancakes, she took a moment as she was getting dressed to briefly examine herself in the mirror. At just four months pregnant, she was starting to show a little bit of a bump on her stomach. But there was something about it that always seemed to make her appear.... happier, for lack of a better word. Maybe because she was both excited and nervous; she was going to be a mother.

After a few more seconds of examining her baby bump, Poppy finished getting dressed into her usual turquoise dress. Another good thing was that she can still wear her usual dresses without showing her bump. But within another couple of weeks, she would need to start wearing different, slightly baggier clothes. By then, she was sure that wearing her normal dress over her soon-to-be much more visible baby bump would raise suspicion.

Well, time to face another day. Poppy thought to herself as she smoothed out her dress, her fingers caressing her bump one last time. Then, she put on her favorite flower headband and then headed out of her pod.

*****************

At noon, Poppy was having lunch with her friends, per usual. While everyone else got something sugary, the pink Troll princess instead got a bowl of chocolate-covered strawberries with a chocolate milkshake. It was something that she can eat without getting sick, and it was sweet enough to avoid rousing any more suspicion.

"Seems like you're feeling much better now, aren't you, Poppy?" Creek asked the pink princess, his normally charming smile seeming a bit strained. He had tried again to share his lunch with Poppy, which was a large bowl of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and sprinkles, but she had politely declined his offer again.

SulitOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara