THE NEW GIRL!

"Jerry, Look! Look!," Lora hissed at the handsome black boy like a goose, clutching his arm. "Oh! Wow! Who is she?" Her eyes like saucers as she studied the sculpted twine-thin figure in a skimpy scarlet dress and a small straw bonnet. She was tall, with very glossy skin, heart-shaped face, wide-set enticing constellation blue eyes, a pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping velvety eyelashes and her flowing moon shadow-black hair tumbled over her shoulders coiling like tentacles around her neck.
Everyone stopped and stared!
She was divine.

Jerry's gaze followed her startled look to where the person was standing. An Aphrodite rising from the waves. "Heard s-s-she's joining us," He stammered. He just stared at the girl who stole the show just the moment she stepped into the lobby of the huge shopping complex, his mouth open a little, face agog, until Lady Gwen, a middle-aged woman with a broad frame, prodded him and he came back to the real world.

"Quite a stunning girl you found here." She said, waited for a response, but Jerry could not speak.

Claire's arched eyebrows inclined slightly as she saw him staring at her. Jerry yelled at being caught but was happy that the mall manager supreme put her on the ground floor with them. It was girls like her that worked at the restaurants on the fifth floor. But none of the infinitely stunning females there was half as beautiful as she is.
She put beauty to shame.

Claire missed London so much it was like having a constant stomachache. The day on which they moved to New York City to a new home was one of utter sadness. She was deeply saddened by this parting, but her only consolation was she had been hired at one of the nicest malls in San Francisco with an awesome salary. She could hardly even believe her good luck.

She was a little dismayed, but she spoke up bravely, her voice soft and melodic. "Hello, I'm afraid I'm a little late." A set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed and her eyes shone brightly like two sapphires dipped in milky pools....it was the most captivating smile Jerry had ever seen and he marveled at how seductive and rhapsody blue her eyes were, glowing with an unearthly quality. He certainly wasn't able to breathe or speak or move. His eyes were fixed on hers so that he felt like an animal trapped in the headlights of an oncoming car.

"I don't think we expect our newcomers to be punctual" Lady Qwen said, smiling.

Jerry was beside himself with joy as she joined his own counter, blushing pinkly everytime she turned to speak to him or listened with that earnest and interested look which she gave anybody who was with her, whether they were important or not. The look that so endeared her to strangers.

"It's a great thrill for us to have you. I hope you'll like it here," Lora said and gave Claire a huge, friendly smile.

"Yeah, sure I will." Claire declared as she pulled off her bonnet and her venus-red fingers ran through her hair, knotting it behind. They both laughed, in a way two people do when they don't know each other but want to. Stuck for what to say next, Claire blurted out, "So, can you tell me a little about Rollins mall?"

Lora was in charge of six counters with the title of junior supervisor. Her duties included stock checking, the cash desk, and overall supervision of twenty sales clerks. Claire learned a lot from her about how a big store operated and how to deal with over-amorous men. From then on the conversation went like a dream.

Claire was radiant with happiness but felt queasy, the object of curious attention. She took her time looking around the wonderful place. The layout of the mall was very impressive. Bright lights, vibrant signs, and an array of people from all occupations and professions filled the spacious foyer, browsing every retailer, and bold signs as big as giants and neon lights animated each store. Taylor swift's Lover was playing in the background, creating an exciting feeling. She remembered how her parents used to waltz around the living room singing this song. Mom had the most beautiful voice. She took after her.