Unholy

Recollection of a thousand fear-filled nightmares flooded back as tears of fury and frustration blinded Hood's eyes. Staring at that man with a hateful expression, the callous smirk in his eyes ignited, which made a chill course through the man. His color deepened as his temper stirred. "What's popping here?" He roared in a deafening boom, sending out a spray of alcoholic breath. His voice was deadly, mean, and steady, his face had the wonder and madness of a stormy ocean.

Mrs Douglas stretched out a hand to stop him, but he evaded it as he marched right in front of the man. His eyes were a slit of undiluted anger as he looked at the man with disdainful distaste. His mom did not like what was coming, but there was no way she could avoid it. She had never seen him like that: imperious, menacing, frightening and ruthless.

Hood gave the man that evil eye, his nostrils flaring with annoyance. "You won't walk out alive the next time I see you around her, I promise." He looked as if he would have murdered him most willingly.

"He's your father, Hood!" She cried, rolling her frightened eyes.

Hood gave a sudden harsh laugh. it wasn't a pleasant sound. "Oh tell that to the birds, Mom," he spat, raging tides inside his mind. "He's asking for a bullet through his brain if I ever set eyes on him again."

That shut her up.
Mr Douglas knew when she was beaten. She had only to look into the steel dark eyes of her handsome son to realize he had made up his mind, and that no amount of persuasion, gentle or otherwise,was going to change his views.

Hood left, offloading the items he was carrying into the trunk of the car, seriously maddened. His fists clenched as though they were aching for something to squeeze. He opened the car door and ducked, but still hit his head against the top of the door frame and swore silently as he sank into the passenger seat.

Mr Frank had a tempest in his eyes as he looked at Shania one last time. He couldn't describe the emotions he felt watching her leave! The grief was immeasurable. He stood looking after her as she became smaller and smaller in the distance. He wondered how he had ever let her go. I was never smart enough to realize how much I loved her,he thought,and how good she was to me. My guts are torn out every day that I'm not with her. I'm grateful that Ryan is there for her,but she's my wife and I miss her.

Hood was a very difficult person indeed, very insolent for a kid of nineteen. He can't even be reasoned with. His arrogant carriage and cold gunmetal-black eyes could give anyone a pause.

"Hood?" She called him. There was no answer.

Funny the air-condition hasn't cool him off one bit.

Shania was startled to realize she was gripping the steering wheel too tightly, and as she drove away, she unclenched her sweating palms from the wheel. They had a silent drive-home.

Hood can't exactly uncover why he always had to face the silver-framed photograph of his mother down on his dressing-table each time he wanted to do dope. Lurking constantly in the back of his mind was the realization that he was doing something dirty and didn't want those emerald-green eyes staring at him. They cut him to ribbons.

He was sitting down on his bed a few minutes after smoking a joint, fortified with bourbon, and was still high when his mother came in. Her hair in a messy blond bun,an irritable little frown wrinkled her brows. His room was like a mad house. His massive lounge was covered with a forest of clothes, and beside the Hermes portable typewriter on the floor beside the Baldwin concert grand piano were stacks of sheet music.

"Hood, did you happen to take any diamond necklaces from my accessories box?" She flicked an angry look toward him. Her tone was venomous.

Hood told her he didn't. "Holy smoke! Why do you ask me about this missing stuff? He asked in a voice that sounded like a file biting on steel. The bourbon fumes on his breath assaulted her nose.