How It Feels

Hood didn't answer. He didn't even seem to have heard, but began to sing Lovely by Billie Eilish Ft Khalid which had come into his mind, captivating the room with just the first several notes. His breathy, raspy voice is uniquely suited for songs like this; smooth and sultry, but emotional on the surface. Claire joined in from the end in the lyrics in a voice filled with the mystic and melancholy of the original version, the tune touching deep into the soul.
Hood eyebrows went up. He opened his eyes as wide as he ever did and whistled under his breath "M'm.... Bravo! I take off my hat to you'' And he put a hand smartly to his forehead "Never heard someone sing this song so beautifully. When you got to the chorus, you sounded like Billie.''
Claire's cheeks were overspread with the deepest blush noticing that he was looking at her intently now with his penetrating gaze, but quickly regained her composure.

Don't look back at him.

It was, Claire knew instantly, the kind of look he must use on those women who fell willingly under his influence and into his arms. It was hard not to get caught up in that stare.

A wide smile graced Hood's gorgeous face noticing how Claire avoided to maintain an eye contact with him and how her breathe had quickened. She's feeling things that she probably don't want to feel, he told himself.

Hood was not the only one amazed with what Claire could do with her voice. "Your voice is perfect for the radio." Jerry said and released some glitters of adorable smiles of approval to her.

Claire looked over her shoulder and her long lashes blinked at him. "Thanks" She smiled back.

Jerry murmured to Hood while her attention was engaged elsewhere, which gave him an opportunity to study her. She looks like a mermaid, but she isn't. "you'd better hold onto me, Hood. Did you ever see such beauty?''

My, my, you'll just have to wonder .

Hood whispered back "behave yourself, Jerry, and just remember that she is a kind of girl that will have a boyfriend that have to get a shot gun to keep others at bay'' But he agreed that Claire was filed to perfection as he took in the dark hair swept up high and held in place, the tight fit of her halter gown. He wracked his brain for where and when he had see this girl previously. At a bookshop perhaps or a party? He would have to find out.
He regarded Lora dubiously. She looked ill with the paleness and color flaming in her cheeks. He wasn't going to tell her so, she had been silent since their little tiff. Her fault though. He hated it that she can't keep a good tongue in her head. Every inch of her spelled trouble.
Hood turned his head slightly, trying not to make it obvious he was staring. He stayed in the mall till 2:25pm then lifted his brows and said out loud as he pushed back his hair impatiently with one hand. "I'm going out guys, I've been cooped up in this mall all day and I think I need some air'' He stood up, a little unsteadily.

"Do you have to go out now, just now?" Lady Gwen asked, sounding worried. "can't you keep your ass one place?''

"Where he's going to doesn't really matter to him as far as it taking him outta here'' Alex said.

"Watch it, dude! or I kneel your cock'' Hood retorted, clearly upset as he shot him a frown that would have sent many men running for cover and everybody startled, fearing he might harm him. The words were like the slam of a door, and his shuttered expression discouraged more questions.

Jerry studied Hood, he looked nervous and jerky. Often you could see a hint of pain in his sparkling eyes which shows how much agony he concealed within himself. "Hood, what's wrong?''
No answer. Jerry followed him outside.
Dragging his gaze away from Hood's receding back Alex made a face, safe to do so when Hood had left. "good riddance," he said, keeping his vexation from his voice with an effort. "He has not the smallest regard for anything." When he thought of the devil, he thought of Hood.