Chapter 11

I don't need a doctor, I'm not sick.", she tried to defend herself. „We should rather find Albedo", she suggested as she tried to lean up from the bed. „You won't be going anywhere.", the young man protested. Now she realized it was Xiao who she was talking to. „I can go find Albedo, but you're cleary sick.", he suggested. „Hm, Thank you, Xiao", Sucrose said smiling. Shenhe is looking at the clock on the wall: „Baizhu should arrive at any time, are you still cold?". „No not anymore. Thank you, Shenhe", she responded. A few minutes later Baizhu, the doctor arrived. He stormed in the room: „Sorry guys, the appointment was longer than I expected. Good Morning Sucrose, how are you?". „Hello Mr. Baizhu. My head hurts a little, and my stomach hurts. I've had nothing but water and meat for the last two days. I was freezing very much, but now I'm warm again under all these blankets.", she explained. „Let me check your temperature.", Baizhu laid his hand on her forehead. „Your temperature is fine, but a pot of tea or a bowl of soup wouldn't be bad.", he declared. Shenhe immediately stood up to grab those things. „Wait! I'll come with you!", Xiao yelled to Shenhe. „I will find Albedo for you, don't worry.", he told Sucrose and left with Shenhe. Sucrose smiled as he said those words. „I suggest you'll rest here for the next day and I will come back again this evening to look for you. If you need anything, you can tell Shenhe or she will tell me. Please take this now, at lunchtime and in the evening. Thank you, Sucrose.", the doctor instructed. She nodded and took the bottle, that he gave her. Baizhu left without any other words. Sucrose poured some of that liquid, that was inside the bottle into a glass, that was standing beside her bed. It smelled like cucumber but as she swallowed it, it reminded her of bread. „Weird", she thought. Sucrose laid back onto her bed again and sighed: „God I miss him. What if something happened to him? What did they even want from me?". She cuddled herself into the many blankets again and closed her eyes for a little time. A few tears started rolling down her cheek, because she remembered how bad the time with the hilichurls was. Suddenly she felt a hand rubbing her back. She turned up and saw Shenhe: „I brought you some tea and some Jade Parcels.". „Oh you wouldn't have had to. Thank you", Sucrose thanked her as she noticed a few pancakes behind the teapot. „I thought, you'd like these. I made enough for us both." Shenhe explained smilingly. Sucrose smiled embarrased: „Thank you Shenhe". Both started eating the Jade Parcels and the pancakes. „Shenhe?" – „Yup" – „Do you know what the hilichurls wanted from me", Sucrose asked. Shenhe replied as she finished the bite: „To be completely honest, I'm not that sure. We've never had anyone being captured by hilichurls before.". „You think Albedo is fine?", Sucrose asked frightened. „I'm sure he'll be fine. Xiao is looking after him. Don't worry, he'll get him.", Shenhe calmed her down. They both finished eating when Shenhe asked: „How did it even happen? I mean, how did they beat you both?". Sucrose looked embarassed: „Uhm... I'm not that sure. I remember we were at Cape Oath to watch the sunset. I laid on his thighs and I was kind of tired. I don't remember anything after that, except from my head hurting really hard.". „Oh so you're a couple?", Shenhe asked surprised. „Oh no, she doesn't know about Albedo and me. What do I do now?!", Sucrose thought but she figured out, it's easier telling her rather than keeping it a secret. So she admitted that they both were a couple and they were having a trip to Cape Oath to watch the sunset together. Shenhe hugged her very tightly. In the evening Baizhu came back to check on Sucrose. She felt better than this morning, but she wasn't completely fit yet. The tea and the food really helped her recover.