volleyball -

kenma.

*last bell of school day rings*

i'm so over school. i just want to sleep. sadly i have volleyball practice tho. i get up my chair and put my backpack on. i start walking to the door but see kuroo.

"kenma!!" he shouts out the door. it's rare to see kuroo without his friends.

"hey" i say back. i start walking to the hallways. and kuroo follows. as always.

"so about your emo chick—" he starts speaking but i cut him off.

"not my emo chick" i say while rolling my eyes, "continue tho"

"do you know if she's like dating anyone—?" kuroo asks. now that question was weird because kuroo almost never talks about y/n, or about realtionships in general.

"uh—" i say but stop and think about all the times y/n talks to me about boys and how their stupid. "no" i respond back.

"cool, cool" kuroo says sounding happier than before.

"why do you ask?" i say. i was actually curious why the question all of a sudden.

"kenma you know your my bestfriend in the whole wide world right?" he says and comes closer to me while we walk to the volleyball gym.

"erm— yeah.." i say in a low voice.

"so like would you set me up with y/n" he says quickly. i'm sorry? i don't think i heard him right.

"your kidding—" i say back and stop walking. "you mean l/n , y/n ?" maybe it's another y/n?

"yes l/n , y/n. kenma, you heard me" he says while looking at me.

"since when we're you interested in just a single girl?" i say jokingly.

"well since three months ago—" he says quietly. no way. i really couldn't believe it. but i mean everyone was intrested in y/n. she has a pretty face, cute long half blonde dyed hair good sense of humor and doesnt give a fuck about anyone or anything anyone says about her. not to mention her pretty body.

"kuroo, y/n could care less about realtionships" i say and continue walking. i didn't want to sound harsh but he shouldn't imagine much with y/n. because i was right, she could care less about dating.

"but kenmaaa~" he says while grabbing unto me. kuroo doesn't seem like the type of clingy person but, he is. and very. "your like y/n bestfriend. your always hanging out with her so like just mention me somehow in your conversation! pretty please emo boy" he says in a puppy voice. meanwhile he lets go of me and looks ahead.

"uh—" i say before i saw at the door of the gym was y/n. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

y/n.

"kenmaaa~ i been waiting for you!" i say and hug kenma. honestly i was only here to convince him but kuroo was here. "oh forgot you also were going be here" kenma laughs as soon as i say that.

"y/n you should try being nicer" he says and comes closer to me. i look up at him. stupid height. yes i am 5'5 and i thought i was average but being with kuroo made me realize i'm not that tall. "shorty" he says and looks down at me. what the fuck?

"why have you been acting weird?" i ask him. and it's been bothering me because kuroo is being weirder than usual.

"what do you mean shorty?" he teasingly says. ew i hate boys. boys make me cringe honestly. the way they talk makes me gag sometimes.

"u-uh never mind. anyways kenma meet me my place after practice." i say and mess his hair up a little and leave. kenma acts unphased, probably because i always do that. and tell him to meet at my place.

"whatever" kenma says back.

kenma.

" 'meet me my place'.. ooo ~" kuroo teases. ew no. me and y/n are just friends. nothing more. the thought of dating her has never occurred to me and it never will.

"ew no" i say back.

"ah i have always imagined the emos being together" kuroo says and laughs.

"gross— plus she's your girl" i say joking back.

"yo kenma but for real, she's mine. don't take her away because i know your her bestfriend and all but you guys seem pretty close." he says but this time he's not joking. he's serious.

"kuroo me and her are friends and i would never date her. she's all yours whatever." i say to reassure him that nothings going on between me and her.

"if you say so. anyways help me set up the net" kuroo says back and i roll my eyes and help.

*practice ends*

i sit down. i am literally so tired. i get my water bottle and start drinking water. as i drink water kuroo comes and sits next to me.

"soo do you think i have a chance with y/n" kuroo asks. oh he's for real?

"kuroo you need to realize that basically the whole school wants her—" i say but get cut off by kuroo.

"of course i'm the best dude at the school. so she will pick me." he says smiling. in his dreams. i doubt that would ever happen.

"whatever" i say getting up. "look kuroo i don't know how y/n feels about you but i will talk to her about you later. and if she doesn't like you, i'm sorry."

"nah it's cool kenma, i'll make her like me" he says also getting up.

"good luck with that." i say walking towards the gym door to leave.

"i think me and her could work out honestly." kuroo says following me.

"uh- yeah.." i say while getting my bike.

"anyways kenma i'll see you tommorow at my party!" kuroo says. oh shit i completely forgot about that.  "also have fun with y/n later" he says teasingly and gets on his bike and leaves.

"kuroo me and her aren't fucking—" i say but as soon as i say that he left already. great, i have to meet y/n at her house. i quickly bike to her house before it gets too dark outside.

y/n.

i lay on my bed looking at the ceiling. why was kuroo acting different? maybe it's all in my mind. i need a drink that's all. i go downstairs and as always i'm home alone. i go to the kitchen and open the fridge.