ONE

It's 2:37am and I can't sleep, my parents and I just moved here in Illinois, Chicago last month.  Tomorrow is my first day I honestly don't think anyone will like me.

I slowly get up from bed and find my pink butterfly pacifier, I pop it in my mouth, getting back in bed I pull my giant teddy to my chest and slowly drift to sleep.

           -

"Izzy! It's time to get up it's 6:30!" My mom shouts from down stairs. I roll over and yell back frustrated. "God I'm up!"
I climb out of bed and go to my bathroom, I look at my messy hair and sigh. I brush my teeth and wash my face, I brush through my hair and pull it up into two pigtails. I run down stairs to see my mom staring out the window drinking coffee.
"Hi mom" I say awkwardly.
She jumps and turns around. "Oh! Hey sweetie did you sleep well?"
I shrug my answer and grab a banana and quickly eat it before running back upstairs. I put on my really cute outfit I've been wanting to wear for a while.

I look at my self in the mirror, slowly getting more and more anxious about school

I look at my self in the mirror, slowly getting more and more anxious about school. I get my backpack and make sure I have ever thing. I check my phone... 7:10.

            -

I walk through the school doors and I'm immediately faced with the front office, I walk into the principal's office and she smiles at me, I give an awkward smile back.
"You must be the new student!" She says loudly.
"Yes ma'am, that's me"
She hands me my paper's and I leave. Outside the office is a tall boy with a cute face and strong shoulders.
"IZZY!?" He looks at me with wide eyes.
"ETHAN!?"