FIVE

I woke up to a soft tapping on my door, I mumble my come in and my mom walks in with a expression of sad mixed with compassion...but overall she looked angry.
"Honey, we need to talk.." She stated walking to the end of my bed and sits.
I yawn and crawl towards her stopping about a foot away. I feel a weird hole in my stomach...its dad its gotta be..
She reaches for my hand and I let her take it. She inhales deeply then looks at me. "I...honey,me and your dad..we're getting a divorce." She let's out a deep breath like she was holding that in forever.
I rip my hand from hers and stumble off my bed. "WHAT!?" I drop to my knees and begin to cry.

My mom gets up to comfort me but I move our of her reach and yell "GET OUT!"

how could this happen?
They were always so happy until now...this isn't fair... I'm so not going to school..

-

It was about 11am when my phone vibrated, I rolled over in bed and grabbed it.
I had been in bed all day with my stuffed animals and pacifier, not having enough courage to face my mom after yelling at her.

UNKNOWN: hey why weren't you at school?

What? Who is this?

IZZY: why is this? How'd you get my number?

UNKNOWN: you gave it to me🤣 it's me jaz

IZZY: oh! Hey sorry- I wasn't feeling well :(

JAZ: oh..sorry to hear that sweetheart, hope you feel better soon

IZZY: thank youu- also can you collect my work and bring it over?

JAZ: yea ofc what your ad?

IZZY: ************

JAZ: k, I'll be by around 3:30 I got practice again

IZZY: Oki have fun I'll let you get back to class don't want you in trouble😣

JAZZ: aww so cute baby ttyl🖤

𝙷𝚒𝚒𝚒𝚒 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢- 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔- 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚍𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢- 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊

Love youuu🫶🏻