Chapter 4

My mother, did she want me? Why did I spend my childhood with no family to call my own, Why did my life end up this way? Why did I end up this way?. Did I do something wrong as an Infant, Was I not what she had wanted 'why'  is the question I have been asking myself for 22 years, I hated this feeling of hopelessness and wanting to help but not knowing how, My dear friend 'Will' who is like a brother to me is out there scared lonely on some crazy man's crew, Davy Jones, I do not know of him and I do not recall ever hearing of him. Standing on the ship looking out over the ship at the sea where the line meets. I was alone seeing as everyone else had retired to their beds, Except for me I had a lot of stuff in my mind and this was calming me listening to the gentle waves and feeling the boat sway gently from side to side. No wonder jack likes this so much. Though I would never admit it to him.

Freedom is what this means 'Pirates' the freedom to come and go as you please do what you want and take what you need, Without consequences, I never agreed to it even though I had to steal. But that was entirely different. I was young and had no parents to support me or feed me. I had to live. "Penny for your thoughts?" Said a soft voice from beside me. I turned to see the captain and I rolled my eyes feeling annoyed by his presence as he pressed his side against the post from beside me and held his right arm over his head. The light of the moon gave his face a beautiful glow. I coughed and looked away. "Thought you might be asleep or drunk?" I said in a smart sarcastic tone. In return, he laughed. "A captain must never sleep, love a captain must always be able to stay up and navigate through the waters of the sea, Without sleep, But drunk I am!"  He smiles while holding up a bottle of Rum.

Of course, he would be drunk, we stayed there in comfortable silence for a while when I got curious about how he became a pirate so I turned to him. "Jack?" He hummed in reply though his eyes seemed far away as he stared at the sea with 'love' and Adoration. "When did you realise you wanted to be a pirate?" I ask in curiosity he sighed. "Piracy is in me blood love I was born a pirate and I will die a pirate!" I felt that Jack loves being who he is he has no shame in it. And against my better judgment, I admire him for it he is a strange man indeed. "And what about you?" I stared confused at him. "What about me?" I ask while getting closer to him so I could see more into his dark brown eyes. "Well, have you ever thought about being a Pirate yourself?" He asked quickly I scoffed a pirate never. "Well Captain that will never happen I can't stand pirates there are liars and killers and all they care for is treasure and Gold!"

I yelled at him not entirely meaning it I watched as his face shifted from 'Offended' to 'Understanding' as he thought his next words. "Not all treasure is silver and Gold Love!"

He had a point but what did he mean by it in this instance. He looked as if he lost someone in his life maybe a friend or a wife?. I'm not sure but the sadness on his face was undeniable. I could nearly sense it. "Right you should go get some shut-eye! And don't worry I will swear on my life if that anyone dares to enter your cabin I will behead them"

I laughed at his way of joking, His face broke out into a smile showing his dimples. He is a gorgeous specimen quite mad though. "I can handle myself!" I say in hate, he held up both arms in surrender and laughed. What a joyish sound to hear. Though I can't stand the man before me.

I yawned feeling extremely tired so I bid 'Goodnight' to Jack and went to my sleeping bag which was beside 'Elizabeths' on the last Deck luckily it was just us. I watched as Elizabeth's brown hair was all over her face and sighed. Should I tell her about her father she deserves to know. I sighed feeling conflicted about myself. I made a promise that I would tell her the minute she gets back to 'Will' but then that would ruin her happiness.

"I am sorry for your loss Elizabeth! Even if you do not know of your loss just yet but I am sorry in advance" I whisper while removing a piece of her hair from her eyes. I then got in beside her and turning on my side I fell asleep on the gentle rock of the boat. And the sound of the waves.