.0.0.2

The insect hashira couldn't contain her giggle when Sanemi showed up with a tiny little girl in his arms. Nevertheless, she could obviously see that said little girl needed medical attention, so she told Sanemi to wait as she took the sleeping child and stitched up the cut on her head, and bandaged her other injuries.

When she woke up, Shinobu thought that the blue haired girl couldn't stay, so she tried to figure out her situation, but the girl was very young and didn't have the right vocabulary, so Shinobu went out to talk with Sanemi about you, and left you with some paper and ink to keep yourself busy.

"Her dad is dead. Demon killed him. She said her dad hurt her too. I don't think there's much of a place for her to go to. Orphanages will think she's nuts, talkin' about demons and crap." Sanemi bluntly explained to Shinobu.

"Hmm." Shinobu hummed. She decided to go back to you to inspect your wounds to see if they were more demon caused or more caused by your father. But, she halted when she saw your messy drawings.

Shinobu could see your drawings, though messy, was someone who was little with light blue hair and a tall man with dark blue hair, the man holding the younger girl by her hair, a frown on her face.

She felt bad.

Shinobu knew if Kanade were here she would do the exact same thing to the little girl as she did for Kanao. Especially because the child was in a much worse situation. What good would it do if a little girl with trauma and was talking about demons was going from home to home trying to get adopted and rejected. No good would come out of that.

"She needs to stay." Shinobu bluntly said as some of the other hashira were lined up in front of her, along with you and Rengoku who wanted to meet you immediately, so he brought model swords to play spar with each other.

"Oh, my..What a terrible story for such a cute child." Mitsuri sadly stated, as Gyomei prayed, tears leaking out of his eyes. 

"Wont she just get in the way?" Sanemi rudely retorts. "She'll become an assistant of mine, like the tripl-"

"I Apologze, Shinobu-San, all of the hashira should see what Y/N can do!" Rengoku said, walking back over to you and kneeling down to your height.

"Kyojuro~~ I don't like being interrupted~" Shinobu gave a threat filled smile.

"Y/N! let's play spar once more, okay?" Rengoku cheerfully told you as you held your wooden sword in an unique position. Suddenly, Rengoku went full throttle against you, it didn't seem so much as play sparring anymore. 

"W- What the hell Rengoku!? Your gonna kill 'er!" Tengen Shouted, but halted along with all the hashiras. You were easily parrying Rengoku' attacks and all of a sudden, your wooden blade was at Rengoku's neck, freezing him in place.

"oh yeah. she's fuckin fast, like, faster than uzui." Sanemi half heartedly added. "Quite important to tell me when you brought her in for her wounds, right~~~?" Shinobu said, an irk mark appearing on her face along with her signature smile.

"So what, are we just gonna train her to be apart of the Corps?" Iguro added from his tree. "Looks like it. If it doesn't work out, we'll go back to Shinobu's original plan.

The rest of the day, you somehow managed to win everyone over to loving you, even Sanemi and Iguro.

Sanemi thought it was so cute how you'd hug his leg tightly. Iguro almost passed out from cuteness when you brought fruits over to his tree for his Snake. And everyone else just really loved you as soon as they saw you. 

Some of the Hashira's refused to leave you alone for the rest of the day after hearing your story and you speak about it.

"Y/N, do you know why your so fast and you can swing your sword so good?" Mitsuri asked as she, like everyone who decided to talk to you, kneeled down to your height. You looked at all the other hashira before answering. "I had to run a-away from Papa, and bad people would be in the m-mou-mountain while I ran away and I w-watched them."

Well, you were stuck with Sanemi, who swore he would make sure you would never get hurt again, Rengoku, who promised to make you feel like the happiest kid alive, and Uzui, who vowed to always protect you. They followed, cared, and spoke with you a lot from then on. 

Your agility and swordsmanship skills were through the roof, so you just needed to learn a breathing style.

When it was time to learn said breathing style, all of the hashira's were fighting over what breathing you would learn. To someone else, like the Kakushi watching, it was like a bunch of older siblings fighting over their little sibling. It was a cute but very confusing scene.

"Water would be best for her. You all must realize this."

"No, no, no! Love breathing is perfect for a cutie like Y/N!!"

"The mist can hide her from any enemy that dares to strike her path. You all should get that through your skulls."

You disliked everyone fighting over you and it made you feel very self - conscious, but suddenly a hand was gently planted on your shoulder. You looked over to reveal Oyakata-Sama.

"You do not need to fret, my dear child. You may pick whichever breathing you wish to utilize and experience." Oyakata-Sama said, giving you a gentle smile. 

You took out your training sword, suddenly dashing with a delayed trail of slippery ice behind you, slightly cutting the torso of the training dummy in front of you. All of the Hashiras were dead silent watching you.

"What's she doing??" Misturi whispered to Rengoku and Iguro. "She can be more flamboyant than that! All she did was a small cut!" Uzui called out. Suddenly, a crack was heard, then the training dummy shattered. Muichiro picked up one of the pieces and held in up for all the other Hashiras to see. "It's Ice."

"Achoo!" You sneezed, making the Hashiras take their attention away from the ice shard to you.

"I guess we all have work to do! Let's begin!" Rengoku cheerfully called out, running over to you, the rest of the hashiras following you.

A week after that, you left for final selection, being the only one who came out alive, and a month and a few days after that, you became a hashira.

And thats how your new family came to be.