0.0.6.

(Spoilers for mugen train, very adjusted tho)

Running.

That was all you could do.

Hearing the News of Rengoku being in grave danger, needing backup at the Mugen Train, you didn't wait for orders. You didn't wait for others to ask for your help. 

"Y/N! Wait!" Mitsuri called, being first to notice your insanely fast movements.

You panted through the rough woods, going the absolute fastest you've ever went. You were silently praying you would make it on time.

You made it and found one of the closest people to you fighting against a demon.

You didn't hesitate. You appeared behind the demon with pink hair, your eyes empty and dark, slashing the demon, almost beheading it. The demon jumped back and you stood in front of Rengoku, protecting him. You quickly looked over and saw he had no life threading injuries, though they were still severe.

While you were looking over your shoulder at Rengoku, the demon appeared in front of you, swinging his arm across your face, launching you back.

"Y/N!" Rengoku yelled out. He truly hated himself at this moment, he was too injured to move. He was stuck. All he could do is watch you.

"Y/N-San!" Tanjiro called out, him being the only conscious one out of the three friends. Tanjiro was trying to fight his injuries and stand, to fight, but he just couldn't. He despised himself and he felt nothing but weakness.

The pink haired demon watched as you stood up, both your hands gripping onto your nichirin blade like your life depended on it. You were panting and blood trickled down the side of your face.

"Oh, Y/N, was it?" The demon spoke, making you perk up. That's when you noticed his eyes. "Three.." You mumbled to yourself. "Akaza is my name. I can tell you are strong. Stronger than what these two can achieve, and your future holds more power, waiting for you to obtain." 

Suddenly he appears in front of you, grasping onto your throat and dragging you to the ground,  choking you. 

"Y/N!!" Rengoku yelled, trying to lift himself up, failing in the process.

"Y/N-San!" Tanjiro called out. He could never forgive himself for this. Just watching you fighting for everyone's lives all by yourself.

"Why dont you become a demon? You could join us, you could be a prodigy. I could get you even more power." Akaza said. He knew he could manipulate you. He knew you were a child, and kids have a weak mind. Bribery could always work for children. He could do this.

"Y/N! Don't—" Rengoku screamed out become coughing up blood, making your eyes widen.

Your eyes darkened, and everything seemed to be in slow motion. You knew if you didn't do something, Rengoku would die, tanjiro would die and everyone in the train would die. You didn't even think about yourself dying. It wouldn't matter to you as long as you saved everyone.

That's all you needed to do.

"Kaaah!" Akaza spat out blood, the wound on his neck and torso that you left was detrimental. Any worse would have Akaza meeting his death.

You fell to the ground, panting and sweating, clutching onto your sword. Your eyes were wide as you gasped for air. You felt like you couldn't breathe during that moment. What was that?

Akaza lifted himself up from the ground, healing his neck as he viewed your shaking body with rage.

"You..how do you harbor such strength?" He said, his voice having a drop of fear, it seemed, not going unoticed by Tanjiro.

'She made him scared..? ... What kind of monster is Y/N-San...?' Tanjiro thought to himself, gripping the dirt with his rough hands.

 "You are a threat! You can't be alive!" Akaza charged at you as you gasped for air, your eyes wide.

Your arms seemed to move on their own.

"Forth form. Shard Slash." The sleeves on your Haori started to rip along with your skin, drawing blood against your arms as your Nichirin Blade slashed against Akaza's Body, looking as if his body was just developing deep scars without any conflict with your sword. Suddenly his body started developing ice, slowly spreading across his torso. 

As you attacked, your breathing became shallow. You gasped out, trying to get a fresh breath of air in your lungs. You felt like you just couldn't breathe.

Suddenly, Akaza noticed the sun rising, and he panicked, deciding to abandon all of his pride and make a run for it into the shadows, before Tanjiro mustered up all of his remaining strength to stand up and throw his Blade.

"You coward! How dare you run away from a fight! You lost! Y/N-San won! Nobody died and she didn't run! You lost!" Tanjiro screamed, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

"Y/N-chan!" Rengoku yelled, crawling over to your small body that was being balanced by your blade. You were still gasping for air.

"Shh. Breathe slowly. Deep, slow breaths." Rengoku calmly stated, easily moving your body into his lap and patting your back. "You did a good job. Thank you, Y/N." He said, tearing up at the sight of your wounded body. "Tanjiro! Get the Kakushi over here! ...And see if you can find her crow!"

Shinobu was now healing both you and Rengoku together at the butterfly estate.

"She protected me." Kyojuro sadly mustered out, looking over at your body rising up and down as you slept. On the way back, you ended up passing out from how weak you were after the fight.

"Being Upset won't do anything about it! All you should do now is praise and help Y/N-Chan to make a speedy recovery!" Shinobu scolded. "Thank you Shinobu-San, If i'm sad then Y/N-Chan will be sad, and I don't want that!" Rengoku smiled.

"I need to go care for Tanjiro and his friends now, call me if you need anything, I'll be down the hall~~" Shinobu sweetly mentioned before leaving. Rengoku slowly stood up before making his way over to your unconscious figure. Your face was bright red, probably from a fever and you were shivering. It was always a sad sight to see you like this. 

'We need to do better.' Rengoku thought before walking out of the room, gently closing the door on his way out.