Chapter 21

The next morning, you woke up nauseated. You ran to Venable's bathroom, vomiting into the toilet. You haven't had this feeling ever, it was weird. Wilhemina woke up, grabbing her cane and rubbing your back. You never got sick, not ev- her eyes grew wide as she stared at you. No, that's... That's impossible, it's a 1 in 500 chance, it's not possible! Venable remembered how her mother got sick when she was expecting her siblings, making her hands tremble. "We need you to get checked. We have... Pregnancy tests for emergency situations." Venable whispered to you, leaving you in the bathroom to go and fetch you one. Your stomach lurched as you threw up again, getting a hankering for apple pie.

Mina practically ran, not caring if her tail was out. This was an emergency in her eyes, a baby, let alone her baby, couldn't survive down here. She ran past Michael, hearing him run after her. "Why are you running?" He questioned, skidding to a halt as she grabbed a package and ran back. "(Y/N) is possibly pregnant!" Venable screeched in panic, looking back at Langdon. "I thought that was impossible!" Langdon followed suit.

You left the test in the necessary cup, waiting on Venable's bed. "So you're telling me, that you were told it was impossible for a Werewolf in wolf form and a Human to have babies, but Ms. Venable you knew it was a 1 in 500 chance, less than .5% chance of a baby?" Langdon questioned, Mina pacing in the room. "Which means it's virtually impossible! It means that we would have to get really lucky for it to happen!" Venable spoke in a panic, hyperventilating. You gently touched her hand, whispering that it'll be okay. "It won't be okay! We can't have babies down here! They won't survive this! We only have so much food!" Venable felt tears pricking at her eyes, then a smack from Langdon. He grabbed her shoulders, looking into the woman's eyes.

He saw so much, but ultimately he saw the reflection of himself in her eyes. He swallowed hard, then finally spoke up. "I will ensure your baby will be safe." He whispered, empathy running through him. He wasn't going to let this child be hurt like him. He couldn't allow it, no child deserved to be thrown out for something they couldn't control. His grip on her shoulders tightened, tears pricking his eyes. "I will ensure their safety."

The test was finished, you going in to check it. Positive. You brought the test out, showing it to them. "Oh God, I got her pregnant." Venable whimpered, shaking her head. "Hey, we can work on this together. I can be... Uncle Michael!" Langdon offered, trying to help. He felt like a hopeless child again, wanting to just get something right. "This is going to be a werewolf, we're going to need ALL hands on deck." You told Michael, giving him a sad smile.

Michael wanted you, but something else stirred inside him. He found himself looking at your stomach, a new feeling rushing over him. He didn't understand it, he couldn't understand it... But it drove him to protect. The Antichrist is going to be an Uncle, and if given the chance... He gently placed a trembling hand on your stomach, being as soft as possible. Perhaps I could have the position of a father.

Word got out, Ms. Mead swiftly coming to the room. "I heard we have a pregnancy!" She spoke with shock, eyes wide. "We do!" You were trying to be happy, but there was concern. It was going to take a village to raise this child, if your readings told you anything it was that werewolf babies were a handful. More of a handful than regular babies.

Langdon went to his office, marking on his calendar the birth date. He continued the interviews, bursting with excitement for you. He called for another shipment of food for the Outpost, and for you and Ms. Venable to be transported to The Sanctuary. Much to his dismay, he had no idea that a storm was coming, and it's name was Cordelia.