Chapter 11

Today was the day Chris and Allison were coming back from France.

The school year starts tomorrow, meaning Florence is spending tonight stressing about her lesson plans and assignments for the year.

It's late. She's sitting in her living room in a tank top and shorts, looking over everything for the upcoming school year, when her doorbell rings.

She walks over to her door and sees that it is Chris.

"Hey" he says, looking her up and down.

"Hi. How was your trip back from France?" She asks, moving aside to let him inside.

He slowly walks inside her house, observing the living room.

"Long. I tried to sleep the flight back but jet lag kept me awake. Were you busy?" He says pointing at the papers and open wine bottle on her coffee table.

She shakes her head chuckling and sat down on her couch. "No, no I wasn't. Just double checking my lesson plans and things for the school year"

He nods his head and sits down on her couch next to her.

"So what's up? Not that I don't love seeing you, but you must be tired from your trip."

"I just wanted to come see you."

She nods her head. To be honest, her heart raced when he said that.

"I uh I enjoyed talking with you all summer." He says with a shy smile.

She smiles at him. "Me too Chris. It's been a while since we just spoke like that"

They sit there in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"Is Allison out with her friends?"

"Yeah, Lydia picked her up and took her out for a 'group thing'" he said laughing at the wording Lydia used.

"That sounds like Lydia."

He nods his head agreeing with her.

"I know I just got home, but I wanted to talk about what we spoke about before I left. About continuing our conversation"

She nods her head before talking.

"Sometimes, I think about what could have happened if we did run away together. Things would have been so different. We would have stayed together, had a family together. I dream about the baby, wondering if they were a boy or a girl. But then I think about how it would have been hard for us. Running from our families, other hunters. We both wouldn't have been happy in that situation. I wish everything had ended differently. I wish Gerard hadn't learned about our relationship, and didn't do what he did. I spent years grieving our child, and our relationship. I think speaking with you about what happened gave me the closure I needed."