Chapter 31

This chapter kind of jumps around a bit, so... sorry in advance. 

Florence follows the orderly as he drags a drugged up Peter through the basement, eventually throwing him in a cell with a clear wall.

"You actually think this is gonna hold me?" Peter asks. "You think you can shoot me up with wolfsbane, make me docile and weak, and I won't find a way out!" He exclaims, hitting the acrylic panel

Florence chuckles. "Oh Peter, always the dumb one. Look around, You are surrounded by Mountain ash."

Someone chuckles from inside the cell. "She's right"

"Valack" Florence states, giving a neutral greeting to the man. "I hope you enjoy your time here Peter, think of it like.. a vacation. Except with wolfsbane, and no way out."

"I am a Hale. We have power running in our veins."

"No. The Hale pack might be well known, but that doesn't mean we need power. Do you wonder why me and Talia were the only ones out of the 3 of us to evolve? Because even nature agreed you shouldn't be allowed to have the power of becoming a full wolf."

Peter growls. "I am going to rip every one of those nosy teenagers apart."

"No you won't, because I am still here. I will fight you if I have to, and as we both know I will win. You think that you deserve power because of our last name? No. You don't deserve power. You are the runt of the Hale pack, the one who deems himself more important and better than the others, when it is not true. What was it you said about the weakest member of a pack? They get picked off by predators" Florence says with a sickly sweet smile. "Enjoy you stay"

She walks out of his cell, hearing as she yells and pounds on the panel.

Derek's apartment is basically empty. His bags packed.

"So" he says looking at Florence.

"You're leaving" she says

He nods. "Beacon Hills will always be my home, but so much has happened here. I think it's time for me to leave."

Florence's eyes shine with tears, nodding. "I get it"

"You always do." He smiles. "I'll be back. It's not forever. just.. for a while. I mean I did just come back from the dead"