9. Atsushi

🌊Atsushi🌊

     The next morning I didn't speak to Akutagawa when he woke up. I'm just being dramatic, I thought, my gaze trailing over to him. Yet I couldn't bring myself to talk to him again.

I looked away from him and down at my hands. He didn't speak to me either. I might have to be the one who speaks first...

I looked back at him. "Uh-" his eyes moved to look at me, and I felt my face warm up at the intense stare. "We, uh... need to get ready today. There's a dolphin watch scheduled."

"I don't feel like going."

I blinked, looking down at the floor as I swung my feet over the side of my bed. "I don't think we have much of a choice... our tickets have been paid for and everything."

"Then tell whoever paid for them I wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway."

"Alright... Guess I'll go change then..." I stood and grabbed an outfit from the closet, stepping into the bathroom to change.

I began to worry about why he didn't want to come. Is it because of me? You really screwed it all up this time, Atsushi...

I ran my fingers through my hair with a sigh as I tried to flatten it in the mirror, splashing cold water over my face. Shivering, I lifted the hand towel and buried my face in it. At least I was fully awake now.

     I paused as I went to open the doorknob, considering what to do about Akutagawa. I went over the situation in my head again. I mean, maybe I shouldn't have asked, but how was I supposed to know? Though on the other hand, even if me hitting a soft spot wasn't really my fault, it still upset him.

     I'll just tell him how I feel, I decided, pushing the door open and walking back out into the main room. "Akutagawa?"

     He looked up at me with his piercing eyes. I stuttered for a moment as I stared into them. "Akutagawa, I- I wanted to say that I was sorry for pushing yesterday. I just got too curious I guess?"

     I paused to watch his reaction, unsure when he didn't answer. "But... I think it's fair to mention the fact that you snapped. We both got carried away, me by curiosity and you by anger, so it's not fair if I'm the only one to take the blame."

     He didn't respond again, only blinked at me. I blinked back at him pointedly, and he sighed and finally spoke. "Okay."

     "'Okay?!' I- ugh!" I cut off, letting out a sigh. "Sorry... I have to go, but if you want to talk about it later then I'd be happy to." I walked out of the room, huffing. If Akutagawa wanted to be a jerk, then whatever I guess...

     I walked over to the elevators, noticing that Dazai and Chuuya hadn't shown up either. I pressed the button and stood alone, waiting for the elevator to pick me up. When an elevator finally came, I looked back at my room, where Akutagawa was staying.

     I didn't want him to be here.

     Did I?

------
A/N
So from here on out the formatting will improve (the quality it was in this part) since I've now figured out how I wanted it and I'll be writing it with the Wattpad software from now on.
Have a good day and happy reading!