14. Chuuya

🌊Chuuya🌊

      What is he planning...

      As his partner, I had been well practiced in figuring out what Dazai's twisted mind was planning. I must be rusty now, because nothing that made any sense was coming to mind.

I turned on the shower, hoping that it would give me clarity. I shivered as the cold water came down on my head, but it slowly started to ebb into a gentle warmth as I stood in the water.

"He wants them to get closer, that's for sure. And he seems to want to be closer to me... but why?"

Could he have truly missed me after he left the mafia? No, that can't be it. At least, that can't be all of it. It has to be business related, because of that call.

"Akutagawa and me..." We were the only ones who were invited. Mori didn't get an invitation, and we wouldn't have been involved in the Agency's fight without his approval.

What else do we have in common...? I gasped as I came to a realization. "We're the two that directly oppose the Agency the most, as well as the ones that have some kind of relationship with a member."

Mori wasn't invited because he would realize that the Agency was trying to sway our loyalty.

I smirked, letting out a small snicker. "I'm onto you, Dazai."

But what should I do about it? Confront him?

"Tch, I need to sleep on it." I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist, draping a second one over my dripping hair.

      I opened the door, calling out, "Oi, Dazai! It's your turn!"

      "Got it!" I walked into the next room from the hallway, looking up at him gathering his shower supplies.

      "Oh, and be quiet. I'm tired as hell and going to sleep."

      "Come on Chuuya, you could sleep through the building falling in on itself," he teased, lifting his shirt over his head and pulling it off.

      "I could not! And don't undress in front of me like some damn creep."

      "Oh, you noticed~" He sputtered as I threw a pillow into his face.

      "Go to hell, why don't you?"

      "So mean..." he whined, picking up his things to bring to the bathroom. "I'll keep as quiet as I can, don't worry your pretty little head."

"Shut up..." I grumbled, glaring at him as he left the room. I let out a heavy sigh and began to get dressed, changing into comfortable sleeping clothes before sitting on the bed. Huffing as I grabbed the pillow, I fluffed it furiously before laying back with my head on top of it.

I tugged on the blanket as I rolled over onto my side, pulling it over my shoulder and gripping the edge. I wouldn't fall asleep with the light on, but whatever. Sometimes it was good to just relax.

At least I'm not on a job right now. I thought, then shrugged it off. It wouldn't really matter to me. I listened to the sound of Dazai's shower as I closed my eyes, tucking my hands closer to my chest. Then I heard the shower turn off, and the door swing open.

I heard soft footsteps as he walked to where he'd put his clothes. I imagined what he'd used to do when he came in after a shower. Rubbed his hair with a towel, dried himself off and got dressed. Sometimes he'd change his bandages, sometimes he would leave them for the morning. I remembered how good I felt the first time he decided not to wear bandages to bed that night, saying it was because he'd be with me.

I felt him sit down in the bed next to me. I squeezed my eyes tighter shut as he settled down, turning the lights off and leaving us in darkness. I heard his familiar, comfortable sigh that he always let out as he settled for the night. I couldn't help but let out a sigh along with him, equally contented.

Then I felt him drape his arm over my waist.

-------
a/n
when you need to touch grass but it's seven thousand degrees outside

i changed the cover, it has nothing to do with the plot but it was the only one i could find with all four of them and the right dimensions

anyway take this picture