2: first date

Pete walked off stage, still exhilarated from the adrenaline rush that always came with performing, and as much as he denied it, he was also insanely excited to see Bo. He wasn't sure if this was a date, or what was going on with him and bo, but he knew he really wanted it to become something. Hopefully, it would.
He walked out of the back doors while tugging his coat closer to him. It was a bitterly cold day, and late at night. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, before realizing he didn't even have Bo's number. Pete's heart dropped, slightly panicking. He collapsed against the wall, sliding down to the ground, his legs crumbling beneath him. All of this was for nothing.
Bo was leaning against a wall outside of the building, waiting. He was still holding back laughter from Pete's show. He saw the entire thing from the back room. A few other comedians and musicians tried to make small talk with him, but Bo was more focused on Pete's infectious sense of humor. It was assuredly more lighthearted than his, but the jokes were incredible.
He had walked outside to wait for Pete, but realized too late that he should have stayed inside. Bo had really wanted to see Pete tonight, but if all else failed he figured he could just catch his next show. Suddenly, he heard a dull thud on the other side of the wall, muffled slightly by the thin layer of snow laying on the ground.
He ran over, only to see Pete sitting against the wall, breathing heavily. Bo ran over and kneeled beside him. "Hey im here, what's wrong?" He sat down beside Pete, halfway sheltering him with his arms. Pete leaned against him, his shuddering breaths slowing down. "I'm really sorry Bo, I just freaked out and wasn't thinking logically. I got- got really scared I wouldn't see you again."
Hesitantly, Bo put his arm around Pete's shoulders and used his other arm to pull Pete towards his chest. Without hesitating for even a second, Pete buried his face into Bo's shirt, even as the few tears began to dry. "You still up for dinner?" Bo asked, glad that Pete was starting to feel better. "Definitely, let's go." Pete jumps up, grabbing Bo's hand. "Hey, and just one more thing, this is a date, right? Not just a business dinner or whatever?" Pete held his breath in anticipation of Bo's answer. "Of course stupid, now lets go."
Bo reached out across the corner table and began idly playing with Pete's fingers. They ended up in some backwater pub, but all that truly mattered was each other. Each had a beer in front of each of them, and the air was clogged with smoke and noise. They had been in the bar for several hours already and they were both drunk. "I'm about ready to leave, Bo, let's head out." They ducked through the tiny doorway and headed outside into the moonlight.
Lingering under the light of a lamppost, they prepared to part ways. Whispered goodbyes cross each of their lips and Bo turns away, because more than anything he didn't want to put any unnecessary pressure on Pete. Pete reached out and grabbed Bo's arm, "Wait" Bo and Pete faced each other and Bo, who towers over Pete, whispered, "Can I kiss you?". "Always."

constructive criticism welcome as always, remeber this is just for laughs.
2 authors 💗