Sir

You sat alone at the bar while the noisy music that droned throughout the lounge seemed to fade in and out

You sat alone at the bar while the noisy music that droned throughout the lounge seemed to fade in and out. It was your birthday and while you planned to celebrate tonight, you hadn't told anyone that you were going out.

The only person who would have even genuinely cared would have been Wren, your best friend of 15 years. Aside from that, you didn't have any significant others that would have come to celebrate with you. You were, as the phrase said, "single as a pringle."

While you weren't particularly interested in meeting anyone tonight, you weren't one to turn down a good time. Odds were that if a good-looking man started flirting with you (especially on your birthday), you wouldn't be opposed to leaving with him. You weren't easy or anything, you had just been single for so long and you wouldn't mind the intimacy of a man's touch. Even if it was just for tonight.

"Bartender, another round please," you called as you turned in your chair to scan over the crowd.

Creep. Creep. With someone. Creep.

All of the men in this club were either creepy looking or were with someone else. Until a man standing alone caught your eye.

He was standing on the wall on the other side of the club in a shadowy area. The flashing strobe lights from the DJ booth crept across his face every few seconds. And he was staring right at you.

You immediately felt your cheeks flush from the intimidation you felt as the two of you locked eyes. Seconds felt like hours that had passed without either one of you so much as blinking in order to break the stare you were sharing.

"Another Mojito for you," the bartender said as she set the glass down next to your hand, causing you to finally break eye contact with the mysterious stranger.

"Thank you," you said inaudibly.

You sat and stared at the tall glass of vodka/mint combination and let your mind wander.

'Why was he already staring at me when my eyes met his? Had he been watching me already?'

Once you had caught your breath and cleared your head, you mustered up the courage to turn in your seat to look at him again, but he was gone.

You quickly turned back to your drink only to be met by the intimidating gaze now standing clear in front of you.

"Looking for someone?" he said with an overwhelmingly deep voice.

Now that he was right in front of you, you were able to see him in more detail.

His eyes were a deep, chocolate brown that paired nicely with his honey golden skin, even in the dimly lit bar. Your eyes traveled down. His lips were so plump that it made your mouth water involuntarily.

"Uh, um, no. Just checking out the place," you said, obviously flustered.

"Oh? Should I change my name to 'The Place', then?" the man said smirking slowly, revealing dimples on both of his cheeks.