Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

6| Good Vibes Only

"Savannah!" Jesse yells, his stomping footsteps jerking my body off the bed. "Come out here, right fucking now!"

Smiling like a dang Cheshire Cat, I check the clock on the side table and peel the Vitamin C sheet mask off my face. It's eleven at night. Better late than never, I suppose. I was worried I'd fall asleep before he got home and saw the wonderfully amazing upgrades I made to his living quarters.

He's been gone all day. It wasn't wise to leave me alone for fourteen hours with no wi-fi password, a finicky cable box, and no freaking food. And with the sun blocked off by dreaded clouds, what's a bored gal to do other than redecorate?

"Savannah!" Jesse pounds his ‌fist against my bedroom door three times, each bang louder and more aggressive than the last. Oh, he's mad. Perfect. "Open the door."

Stifling a melody of devious giggles, I unlock the door and pop my head out, giving Mr. Rochester a combative smile. "Yes? Can I help you?"

"What the fuck did you do to my house?" he asks, fuming.

I blink. "What?"

"Put it back the way it was, Savannah," he demands, lip twitching as his icy hazel eyes damn near harden my nipples. "Now."

I bat my lashes. "Put what back?"

He sucks in a labored breath, eyes narrowed as he glares at me. "My furniture."

"Your furniture?" I open the door, stepping through the frame as I crane my neck down the hall. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, really? Let me jog your memory." Jesse coils his hand around my wrist and drags me down the hallway. He points to my handy work. "This little project ring a bell?"

"Oh...this..." I cross my arms, pouting as I nod impressively at the rearranged furniture. "I think it looks nice, doesn't it? Really opens up the space." I glance over at him, humming innocently, "Makes everything a little brighter, huh?"

"Fix it," he grunts. "Right now."

"I already did fix it," I say, weaving through the carefully curated furniture pieces. "See how easily I can float through the room? There's much better juju in here now." I toss him a sly smile. "You're welcome."

"Juju?" he asks, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I Feng Shui'd the place." I motion around the living room. "Can't you feel the difference? Isn't it more inviting..." I tilt my head, smirking. "Relaxing even."

He blinks at me. "Feng Shui?"

"Mhmm," I hum. "Feng Shui. You know, the practice of rearranging spaces to ensure harmony and balance between people and their environments." I release a forced sigh, perching on the edge of the armchair. "You did say I needed to relax, and since I'm not allowed to leave this house, I thought it'd be important for my mental health to ensure my surroundings brought nothin' but good vibes."

"Good...vibes?"

"Mhmm," I hum, crossing my arms over my light grey satin jammies. "Good vibes."

"I—" Jesse stammers, casting me an incredulous look. He flaps his arms. "Listen , I've had a long ass day. I don't have the energy to explain to you just how ridiculous you sound right now, okay?" He runs a frustrated hand through his disheveled hair. "I expect everything put back in its place before I wake up."

"No," I state flippantly. "If you want to change it back, you do it." I nod to the entertainment cabinet. "You have no idea how difficult it was to untangle all those cords. I am not doing it again."