The catch up

"It feels like I haven't seen you guys in forever!" Mina smiled excitedly as they all sat around on different chairs in the common room, each ready to get reacquainted and learn what their friends had been up to. "Also who was that new guy? He looked kinda hot!"

This caused a little confusion and some idle chatter to die down as they looked to Mina, wondering what she was talking about. "Mina, there are no new Students" Iida quickly retorted because of course he would have known if there was another student in their class or dorms.

"I saw him, tall, blonde and muscular" The pink girl described and smiled at them as if she knew something they didn't but all that happened was Ochako ended up giggling. "Hey what's so funny?" The alien girl started pouting.

"Mina that's Bakugo! He got a hair cut and he told me he trained with Kirishima over the break" She managed to control her laughter enough to explain which still earned a funny look from Mina.

"But he looked so calm? It should be Illegal for one of my besties to look hot, I don't need to be attracted to them" the pink girl grumbled causing her red headed friend to pout. "Hey I'm hot!" Kiri smiled and flexed a little trying to prove his point. "Well yeah but more in a cute kinda way..."

A few more people began laughing as their red headed friend was called cute leading him to try and prove that he was a catch, to some of the girls he was but Mina liked to tease and wind the boys up.

"Anyway what did you get up to on your time away Uraraka?" Iida had asked, though admittedly it was to stop Kirishima and Mina from bickering with eachother. He disliked when things devolved into small arguments over looks when they were clearly just joking with eachother. Though it was soothing to see not much had changed.

"Oh I just spent time with my family, helped my mom and dad at work where I could... they do alot of moving so my quirk helps them, oh and we also had dinner with Bakugo and his mom last night which was really fun!" She smiled widely recalling how Mitsuki had told her stories of baby Bakugo, how wild he had been as a child.

"Hmm you had dinner with Kacchan and Auntie? That sounds nice, I know how much she likes to talk but I can't imagine Kacchan was good company" Izuku who had remained quiet until now finally decided to speak his piece.

This was where Ochako noticed eyes on her, as if she was supposed to agree that Bakugo was indeed a pain even at a dinner with both their parents present. She felt her throat catch a little as she thought about how to respond without sounding rude.

"Actually he was nice, he talked to me and my parents! I think he just doesn't like feeling crowded by the whole class"

This defence did shock people but no one more than Izuku who looked confused, after all he had many times been left alone with the angry blonde, their conversations hadn't been pleasant and on a few rare occasions they hadn't even shared words. Never the less Izuku wasn't one to call his friends liars so he kept quiet about this.

The day passed on and everyone forgot about the blondes absence aswell as the story Ochako had told them of his dinner manners. They all spent hours laughing and catching up on their events and own personal training like how Denki could now charge 5 phones at once to full before going into his dumb mode. Kirishima had told them about his work outs with Bakugo and how he had tested his hardening against the explosive blondes quirk to increase his strength. In the end they had all grown in some way leaving Ochako feeling a little down, she hadn't realised they'd all still train during the break and now she was left in their dust.

As the evening went on people started excusing themselves to go unpack or even get an early night so they could be ready for the coming days, somewhere around the time that Toru left Ochako had managed to slip away aswell.