4. bloom

coiny

i notice nervousness plastered all over leafy's face.

"are...are you alright?" i ask her as we make our way towards golf ball's lab.

"just a bit... apprehensive. like, there's this random flower that's made itself a part of me. and i'm feeling a bit awkward, i guess."

"why?"

"you're... still, um, holding my hand. i thought you'd, uh, let go by now."

"...oh. do you want me to?"

"...no."

i stare ahead, flustered. the rose between our hands just feels like a bit too much.

...

"i do all of these things for her! i've been so kind to her, and that was how she repaid me? i saved her life, for oxygen's sake! she had no right to do that!"

"dude, can you shut up for once? maybe it was all a misunderstanding, maybe if you guys actually talked it out, you two wouldn't be like this."

...

"why would he say those things...?"

"hm? what was that?" leafy snaps me out of my spell.

"oh. um... firey said some...not-so-nice things... about you."

"oh, really..." she grips my hand tighter. i can really feel the rose now. in fact, it felt bigger than before.

we enter golf ball's lab.

"hey gb, you busy right now? we've got something you might want to look at," i shouted, letting go of leafy's hand.

gb comes down the stairs, groggy from the lack of sleep she had. she looks at me, and then leafy. golf ball is taken aback. "what...what is that?"

she runs the rest of the way down, and immediately examines leafy's hand. "a... a rose... a...ROSE! TENNIS BALL!"

scared by the urgency in her voice, tennis ball comes down the stairs quickly after. "what is it, golf ball?"

"it's rose. it's back."

he gasps. "i thought...i thought we got rid of it?! oh my tennis ball factory..." tb paces back and forth, stressed. "what was in it... oh gosh, i can't remember... gb! i'm going to look through our old stuff!"

"who? who's back!? what's wrong with leafy!?" i ask, distraught.

"you better hope we documented the ingredients," golf ball shouts in tennis ball's direction. "we didn't make any extra antidotes! i didn't think it'd come back!"

leafy collapses onto me, overwhelmed with pain. the flower must've grown in all this panic, and it caused her extreme torment. i tried to help keep her steady, but her tears...
i didn't want to see her like this.

golf ball turns to us, anxious.

"leafy, coiny, you need to come with us, like, immediately. this is...highly dangerous. we'll explain later."

★★★★★

★★★★★

That pic go hard

Evil leafy? Nahhh its name's rose now 😟

-mint