12. alone

firey

i wake up to the sun coming through the blinds.
oh my spark, i slept in again!?

i get out of bed and started my morning routine. everything seems to be normal...but it's eerily quiet.

needle's room? empty.
clock's room? no sign of him, either.
i walk myself through the house, hoping to find someone, anyone from my team.
nobody.

i made my way outside in hopes to find them. they could be taking a walk, or whatever. instead, i find pin sitting on the steps, head in hands.

"p...pin, where are the others? needle's gone, clock's gone, eggy's gone-everyones gone! do you know where they went!?"

"i don't know, firey! ever since leafy and coiny left to go do who knows what, things have been happening to specifically us! coiny was apparently almost possessed, the rest of our team is gone, and-and...!" pin sighs, holding back tears. "i'm scared, firey. i don't want to be taken away like the rest of them."

i stared at her in silence, the only thing filling the air being her shaky sighs. then, very faintly, we both hear something we've never heard before.

"is..." pin looks around. "is that coiny...crying?"

we turn our heads in the direction of the source, it being somewhere in the forest. footsteps-running-could be heard accompanying the sobbing.

"LEAFY!? leafy, please, where are you!? i don't want to do this, please!"

pin immediately gets on her feet. "coiny! wait!" she starts running into the forest, and i follow her. i don't want to risk losing another teammate. we try the best we can to follow coiny's voice, but eventually we reach the point where we can't hear him anymore.

"coiny!? oh my pin factory, where did you go!?"

"p...pin!? pin, come here, quick! i'm here!"

she gasps, overjoyed. "firey, come on! we have to get to coiny!"

i'm just as relieved as pin, so i take the lead as we head in the direction of coiny's voice. "coiny, keep talking! we'll find you!"

the forest gets more dense as we sprint over branches, nearly trip over vines, and duck under low-hanging leaves. i managed to get over a fallen tree, but pin struggled behind me. i turn around to offer help, but she refuses. "i'll manage!" she reaches for a vine hanging near her and grabs it. "just go and find-AH!"

the vine she held quickly grew around her arm, and before i could save her, pin was dragged away from me.

"FIREY!"

"PIN!"

...

i stared at the last place i saw her.

coiny was right.

she's gone.

everyone's gone.

i'm all alone.

★★★★★

ngl
this kinda sucks but at least the art is cool!!1!1!1!

im gonna keep coiny's "task" a secret for now 🙃

also i made a funny vid (linked at beginning)

-mint