[2] Living in the Past

Aiko had gotten to school earlier than usual as she wanted to talk to another member of the Events Committee.

After a few minutes of searching the school, she notices a senior, Emiko Saburou who happens to be on the Events Committee. Aiko exclaimed, ''Saburou-san! Could I talk to you for a second?'' as Emiko noticed her and answered, ''Of course! What about?'', ''Well, y'know the mid-term concert we're planning? Well, what if we made it a charity concert?'' Aiko suggested as Emiko thought for a moment and finally said, ''Well, it's a great idea! But we don't have many resources... to find a charity to donate to in time? We'd be reaching for the sky on this one.'' Emiko continued as he noticed Aiko's concerned expression. ''Well, I guess we could still try. Besides, if the charity concert is successful then it's a win-win situation!'' Emiko finished as Aiko gave a large smile, thanking him.

Suddenly, the first bell went, indicating the start of the school day.

~ At Lunch ~

Haruto was sitting in the library for lunch, trying to study more in English. 

He, of course, had noticed multiple people gawking at him from afar, as usual.

However, their whispering and squealing had been distracting Haruto multiple times. So when he had had enough, he snapped in a passive-aggressive tone, ''Excuse me, Takamaki-chan. If you could please leave me alone for today, that would be most appreciated!'' as he did this, Sakura Takamaki, his number #1 stalker, squealed and apologised heavily, leaving shortly after.

But as she had left, the blue-haired library assistant had shouted over to Haruto, ''This is a library, be quiet.'', in response, Haruto smiled and waved apologetically.

~ After School ~

Aiko and Hina were once more, walking home with each other.

As they were, Hina had mentioned, ''By the way, I found someone whose tryna help my dad's situation.'' Aiko smiled and excitedly asked, ''Oh my god, I'm so happy for you! Who is it?'', ''I can't actually share that part... But know that they're trusted!'' Hina awkwardly replied, scratching the back of her neck. Aiko smiled slightly and said, ''As long as you trust them.'' Hina smiled at her and replied, ''Yeah. So how's that charity concert idea going? Told another EC member yet?''. Aiko skipped in front of her girlfriend, walking backwards and finally answering, ''Actually, yes! A senior student in your year, Saburou-san! He said it'll be hard but we can still try to do it!'', ''Ah, that's great! I know you can do it. I believe in you, haha!'' Hina giggled as Aiko did too and exclaimed, ''Thanks, hun!''. 

The two had a pleasant walk home, as usual.

A few blocks away, Haruto had just unlocked his door and entered his home.

He then heard his father shout to him, ''Hey, son! Could you come here for a sec?'' Haruto put his bag down, changed his shoes and rushed to his father in the dining room.

''What's going on, dad?'' Haruto asked, curious as his father had shown him the paper he was reading. Then he explained, ''Son, I just got your report card. You're failing English! I understand it's hard but I don't want you to fail like I did back in the day.'' Haruto was almost rendered speechless, not knowing quite what to say. His father then said, ''Maybe just study more? Or find someone to help you study, to understand it more. Whatever you do, I trust you'll be able to improve a little bit.'' as his father finished speaking, Haruto simply nodded and excused himself.

Haruto laid on his bed, thinking. He needed an English tutor and there just so happened to be an English whizz in his class. He had a plan to talk to them about it the next day.