1. Days Gone Bye

Emiko was in the fields next to an old ranch house taking care of Phillip, the horse, when she heard a man yelling. “Hello? Police officer out here. Can I borrow some gas?”

She walks over and peers around the side of the house, he leaves his bags in the drive and walks toward the house where he puts the gas can down, too. He walks up the front steps to the door. “Hello?” he knocks “Hello? Anybody home?”

He peers in through the door window but doesn’t see anyone. He walks down the porch and looks into another window and finally the living room window. 

“I wouldn't,” She said, walking out from behind the house. The man jumped and whirled around, putting a hand on his gun.”They killed themselves about a week ago.”

“Then why are you here?” he asks.

“I’ve been taking care of their horse and it gives me some alone time.” She replies. He looked at her, confused. “The group that I’m with is great and all, but sometimes there’s too much testosterone,” She laughs, “the men like to think with their dicks”

He chuckles and puts his hand out, “I’m Rick”

“Emiko,” She smiles and shakes his hand. She turned and started to walk to my car, a ‘67 Chevy Impala, “I heard that you needed gas, and I can give you a ride if you want”

“Really? I just need to get to the city.” Rick asks.

Emiko looked at him over her shoulder and smirked, “You’re lucky, I’m headin’ that way.”

“Thank you.” He smiles.

“You’re welcome” She smiles back, “Go get your stuff”

He walks away to grab his bags. Emiko goes and pops the trunk and grabs a set of throwing knives and some hunting knives. She puts on her shoulder and thigh harnesses and puts her knives in them. She put one knife in each of her boots and another in her bra. Then she takes her pistol out of her waistband and puts it in her thigh holster.

“I take it you’re prepared then,” Rick said walking up to the car carrying a large black duffle bag.

“You gotta be, the city’s been overrun by walkers,” Emiko said, taking his bag and placing it in the trunk.

“What? I thought there was a safe shelter there.” He said as she closed the trunk.

“The government underestimated the situation, and most people in the city turned. Which is why you’ll need this,” She held out a few extra hunting knives, holding them by the blade. He reached out to grab it but she pulled them back, “No guns, unless absolutely necessary, you’ll attract them, and you're basically fucked. And if you try anything in the car, I’ll kill you with one of these knives,” She held the knives out again and raised an eyebrow. “Understood?”

He gulped, “Yes ma’am”

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Emiko drove down a divided highway just outside Atlanta, all the outbound lanes lined with abandoned cars. She slowed to a stop about halfway into the city and popped the trunk. “You sure this is where you wanna be? You're gonna get yourself killed.”

“I gotta find my family,” He said, opening the door.

She pursed my lips and sighed, “Okay, remember what I said about guns”

He nods, “Thank you”

Emiko nodded back, he closed the door and grabbed his duffle from the back. She drives down back roads to the store Glenn and the others are at. She picked up the CB, “Glenn I’m getting close to the store, where are you?”

“I’m in the barricaded alley” He replies.

“On my way,” Emiko drove to the alley, hopped out of her car, and slipped behind the fence. “Glenn, how are things going?”

He shrugs, “Well Merle’s Merle”

She nodded in understanding, knowing how… difficult the man can be. Suddenly, gunshots went off causing the two to flinch at the sound. They looked toward the sound and saw a man closing the top of the tank.

“Son of a bitch!” She exclaimed, recognizing the man, and turned to Glenn. “You think you can connect the CB to the tank?”

He looked at her, “Yeah, why? You know him?”

“Kinda, I gave him a ride to the city. He ran out of gas” she explained as Glenn fiddled with the CB.

“Hey, you. Dumb ass. Yeah, you in the tank. Are you cozy in there?” Glenn spoke into the CB.

She took it from him, “Officer Dipshit, what the hell did I say about guns?”

_______

Emiko's outfit:

Hair when up:

Hair when down:

Hair when down: