7. Vatos (Part 2)

They've brought the kid to the shell of a large brick building. Across what could be a wide alley Rick and Emiko peer through a ruined window to a set of double wooden doors in a similar brick wall. He shakes a shotgun cartridge.

"You sure you're up for this?" Rick asks T-Dog.

T-Dog nods, "Yeah."

T-Dog picks up the weapons bag and walks off. Rick loads a shotgun. Daryl has an arrow loaded. Emiko leaned against the wall next to Daryl, checking the magazine in her pistol. (it's a Colt Mark IV 1911 pistol, same ones as Lara Croft.); the kid sits on the grass beside Rick.

"One wrong move, you get an arrow in the ass. Just so you know." Daryl threatened the kid.

"G's gonna take that arrow out of my ass and shove it up yours. Just so you know." The kid sassed.

"Enough with the attitude kid," Emiko snapped, her voice was raspy from being strangled. She raised her hand, her forefinger and thumb were almost touching, "I am this close to shooting you, this close!"

Daryl, still looking at the kid, lowered the woman's hand. "This is why we don't piss off emotionally unstable women."

She looks at him, "Bitch, I'm not emotionally unstable."

Daryl turns to face her and raises an eyebrow. She tries to argue back but Rick cuts her off, "Stop it!" he moves his attention back to the boy, "G?"

"Guillermo. He the man here." The kid said, picking at the grass.

"Okay then." Rick cocked his gun and looked at Daryl and Emiko, "Let's go see Guillermo."

Emiko cocks her pistol as they step through the window and into the alley. They walk across to the shell of a large brick building with no interior and no roof. Rick pushes the kid into the lead and they walk through the building toward the double doors. She scans every opening, on the alert for any threat. Rick, Emiko and Daryl stand several feet back from the kid with their weapons aimed at him. He stops about fifteen feet in front of the doors. They open. Several figures stay inside, obscured by the shadows. One man, slight in build, walks forward, unarmed.

"You okay, little man?" The man asked with an authoritative tone.

She tightens her grip on her gun.

"They're gonna cut off my feet, Carnal." The kid whines. Emiko rolled her eyes.

He squints at Rick "Cops do that?"

"Not him. This redneck puto here." He gestured to Daryl, "He cut off some dude's hand, man. He showed it to me."

"Shut up." Daryl huffed.

The kid continued, "And the Chinese chick threw a knife at me and threatened to curb stomp me if I didn't bring them here."

"First of all, I'm Japanese." She glared at the kid, "Second, they kidnapped my best friend, what else was I supposed to do. Not threaten your physical safety and mental stability." She looked at Daryl, "Okay, I kinda see what you mean about being unstable."

The man that Daryl shot and Emiko threw a knife at limped out holding a gun., "Hey, that's the two vatos right there, homes. He shot me in the ass with an arrow and she threw a knife into my shoulder. What's up, homes, huh?"

He points a gun at Daryl. G puts a hand on his arm. "Chill, ese, Chill. Chill." He turned his attention to Rick, "This true? He wants Miguelito's feet? That's pretty sick, man."

Rick adjusts his grip on his gun, "We were hoping more for a calm discussion."

"That hillbilly and Japanese chick jump Felipe's little cousin, beat on him, threaten to cut off his feet, Felipe gets an arrow in the ass and a knife in the shoulder and you want a calm discussion?" G pauses, "You fascinate me."