5. Tell it to the Frogs (Part 2)

Emiko woke up to Carl and Sophia staring at her. She let out a small scream in surprise, "Holy Giblets, you kids scared the crap out of me!"

Carl laughed, "Our moms said me and the other kids could go to the woods if you go with us."

Emiko rubbed her eyes, "Okay, I'll be out in a minute. Let me get dressed first."

The two walked out of her tent. She stood up and grabbed clothes from her bag. She put on a black tank top and a pair of black jeans. She pulled her hair into a bun before putting on her boots. Emiko grabbed her holster of throwing knives and climbed out of her tent.

She quickly put on her thigh harness full of knives. Carl grabbed her hand, "Let's go Emi!"

She shook her head, laughing lightly as Carl let her and the other kids into the woods. She caught Jacqui's eye "Jacqui! Come with!"

Jacqui laughed and walked with Emiko and the kids to a small clearing. Jacqui screamed when she entered the clearing and pulled the kids away from it. The kids screamed for their parents as Emiko quickly ran into the clearing and saw a walker hunched over a deer carcass. The carcass had arrows sticking out of it. Circling around the deer, Emiko attracted the walker's attention. He turned and growled at her. She quickly grabbed a knife and threw it into its head. The knife went through its eye and pierced the brain. The walker slumped to the ground as the men ran into the clearing bearing weapons.

Shane stared at the walker, "Well I'll be damned"

"It's the first one we've had up here. They never come this far up the mountain." Dale said, shocked.

"Well, they're running out of food in the city, that's what." Jim said.

A branch snaps and Emiko pulls out two knives, one in each hand, as the group raises their weapons ready to kill another walker. Shane raises his shotgun and scans the forest. A man with a crossbow comes around a rock outcrop. Shane lowers his gun, everyone relaxes. "Oh, Jesus." he mutters.

Emiko put her knives away as Daryl walked into the clearing, "Son of a bitch. That's my deer! Look at it. All gnawed on by this," he started kicking the walker, "Filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!"

Dale tried to calm him down, "Calm down, son. That's not helping."

Daryl walks over to Dale, angry, "What do you know about it old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to "On Golden Pond"?" Emiko covered her mouth to keep from laughing.

He sighs and walks back to the dead deer, "I've been tracking this deer for miles." He pulls his arrows out of the carcass. "Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?" He gestured to the deer's torn up neck with an arrow.

Shane grimaced, "I would not risk that."

He sighed, "That's a damn shame. I got some squirrel" he fiddled with the rope on his shoulder, "about a dozen or so. That'll have to do."

Daryl looked at the head of the walker, "Who's knife is that?"

Emiko raises her hand, "It's mine, why?"

He grunts and puts his foot on the head, pulls the knife out of its eye, and hands it to her. He walks to the camp and everyone follows. Daryl calls out. "Merle! Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got us some squirrel! Let's stew 'em up." He puts down his crossbow and walks away to find Merle.

Emiko stood in front of Glenn and Morales, as Shane put his shotgun back in his car, "Daryl, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you."

Daryl turns around, "About what?"