10. TS-19 (Part 1)

I managed to get wifi to post a pre-written chapter so I apologize for any errors

The group is just outside the C.D.C. still standing in the light from the open doorway.

"Daryl, Emiko, cover the back." Shane orders.

Emiko picks up her pistol she dropped earlier. They circle around to the back and look out for walkers.

"Hello? Hello" Rick calls out.

"Close those doors. Watch for walkers." Dale says.

Emiko and Daryl close the doors as the group enters and looks around at the lobby. It's completely empty.

"Hello?" Rick calls out again.

The sound of a gun being cocked, drew the group's attention to a man standing in a doorway holding a rifle in his hands.

"Anybody infected?" The man asks.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick replies honestly.

Emiko watches the windows for any outside movement, every so often she checks over her shoulder.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asks in a rushed tone.

"A chance." Rick says boldly.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man steps closer to them.

"I know."

The man looks at everyone. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

Rick nods, "We can do that."

The man lowers his weapon. "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed."

Rick nods and looks at the group. "Emi, Glenn, Daryl, and Shane. You're with me. The rest of you stay here. We'll run for the cars and grab what we need."

Emiko nods, taking point. "Lets go Glenn, pretty boy" motioning for Glenn and Daryl to follow her while she walks to the doors, pulling her hair into a high, tight bun.

Daryl rolls his eyes at her, "Stop callin' me that"

She ignores him, opening the door carefully. She turns the safety of her gun back on, putting it in her shoulder harness, and pulls out two throwing knives from her thigh harnesses. Holding one in each hand, she looks around. There were eight walkers on the right, seven on the left. There were less than expected and it was safe as long as they didn't draw attention to themselves.

She motions for them to follow, saying low as she stepped out. She quietly sprints around and over bodies to a walk of sandbags thirty yards away from the building. She gives them a thumbs up and they follow. They crouch behind the sandbags with her. Rick looks over at the vehicles.

"There are about five walkers in the way. Emiko, you think you can take them out?"

She nods, biting back a sarcastic retort. She stands up and throws two knives, taking out two of them. They crumple to the ground, catching the attention of the three other walkers. Stabs one through the top of its head and throws a knife at the one farther from her. She rips the knife from the walker's head and stabs the last one through the bottom of its jaw.

"It's all clear," Emiko whispers. She collects her knives as the guys grab the bags. Daryl throws her duffle bag at her along with a few other bags.

They run back, carrying everyone's bags. They all run through the doors and Dale and T-Dog close the doors behind them.

Shane looks at Emiko, breathing heavily, "Since when could you do that knife stuff?"

She looks at him amused, "Since always."