that was supposed to be me, not him

prompt: "that was supposed to be me, not him"

summary: steve & eddie are in love with you, their best friend. you have always wanted to be with eddie but didn't want to lose steve. you finally fall all in with eddie, having to tell steve the truth.

warnings: spicyy, & language

*this takes place after season four. i obviously dont know how the season will end, but this imagine has everyone safe and alive and doesn't go into detail about defeating vecna because once again, i dont know how they do that yet lol* 

-----

For years, one thing has been clear, even throughout all of the chaos and danger in your life, your two best friends were in love with you. Steve Harrington being the popular and gorgeous swimmer, and Eddie Munson, being the D&D god and known as the school freak. They couldn't be more opposite, but both had you in common. They had been secretly fighting over you since forever, but especially after everything with Vecna. Your group of friends were unbreakable after that, and Eddie easily fit into the group after he was cleared and free.

You knew the both of them liked you, but deep down, your heart always belonged to Eddie. But you knew if you told him, you'd lose Steve and would be risking ruining your friend group. It wasn't worth it when you looked at it that way.

"Henderson has completely lost his mind!" Eddie walked into the video store that you, Robin, and Steve work at.

"What did he do now?" You question, leaning against the counter. Robin was restocking movies and Steve was behind you, on the other side of the counter, rolling his eyes at Eddie's presence.

"He wants me to move our campaign because he's going to visit Suzie. How does that little brat even have a girlfriend?" Eddie complained to you, standing next to you, leaning against the counter.

"Sounds familiar." You smirked, referring to when the boys wanted to move the campaign for the championship game a month ago.

"And what did I do? I didn't move the campaign." Eddie was holding his ground on this as always.

"Just let him go see his girlfriend. You're just jealous that you don't have one." Steve told Eddie from behind the counter.

"Steve, what the fuck?" You exclaimed and made an angry face.

"Last time I checked, you didn't have one either asshole." Eddie turned to face Steve after his rebuttal.

"At least I could get one."

"At least I wasn't in love with a lesbian." Eddie fired this shot, and Steve looked at you.

"You told him!" Steve exclaimed. Robin started laughing like crazy.

"Oops." You threw your arms up and laughed. "Will you two knock it off? What is up with you today?" Both boys just looked at you.

"I'm going to go and tell Henderson I'm not moving the campaign. Can you be his sub?" Eddie asked you, a sad look on his face.

"Of course I can. I'll see you later." You gave him a reassuring smile as he walked out of the store. You turned your attention back to Steve, jumped over the counter, and got in his face.

"What the hell was that? That was so unnecessary!"

"When are you ever going to see it?" Steve questioned and turned around and went to the back of the store. You and Robin just shook your heads in disappointment.

"Who's ready to get their asses kicked?" You sat at the Hellfire table, finishing setting up your spot.