you have to let me let you go

summary: it has been two months since eddie died, and you can't seem to let go and move on with your life. 

warnings: mentions of depression, some language, straight up just sad

*i got this inspiration from some tiktoks, and guys i'm sorry but it's sad. please forgive me. i'll make it up with the next imagine* 

---------

Two months wasn't enough time to move on and just go on with your life. Honestly, that time would never come. He was gone. His smile, his laugh, his sarcastic comments, everything. Just gone. You cursed yourself for letting him get dragged into the Upside Down mess. You wanted him to stay hidden and safe, but when it comes to you, Eddie would do anything.

You visited his uncle often, making sure he was okay, but in reality, it was to keep yourself from falling down a dark path. The boys elected you head of the Hellfire Club, and while you tried to make Eddie proud, you could never run it like he did. Your picnic table in the woods wasn't the same without him, yet you still found yourself going there every day, talking to no one. It was a habit to meet there every day and talk about life, every deep dark secret was told because Eddie had been your best friend for so long, even before he was your boyfriend.

You were sitting at the front of the Hellfire Club table during what was supposed to be Study Hall at the end of the school day, listing to the boys argue over their next moves against your forces. You smirked at them, watching as Dustin was about to roll the dice. A ten.

"Son of a bitch!" Dustin shouted. The boys had lost to you, and you watched as they flipped middle fingers to you and angrily picked up their stuff to head home. "I will get you next time, Y/N the beautiful, I swear!" Dustin said before leaving you alone in the room. Y/N the beautiful. You wished Eddie was saying that instead, like he did constantly. You made your way out of the room, walking straight to the only place you wanted to go.

When you got to the picnic table, you sat down and stared forward, as if someone was in front of you. You pulled out your lunch box and ate the leftover chips you hadn't finished.

"You missed a chaotic campaign today. You wouldn't believe how many times I've beaten them lately. I guess I learned from the best." You said, nothing but silence following. You sat there, continuing to tell him about the campaign, going on like a crazy person. "And then, Dustin rolled a ten and threw a huge fit and—"

"Who are you talking to?" The sudden voice scared you so bad that you fell backward, onto the ground. Steve and Dustin quickly rushed over to help you up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Steve said.

"It's fine."

"Who were you talking to?" Dustin questioned. Tears swelled in your eyes. You never realized how stupid it was until they caught you.

"No one." You answered.

"Y/N, are you sure you're doing okay? It doesn't look like you've gotten much sleep lately and you are out here talking to yourself."

"Well thanks for saying it like that, Steve."

"That's not what I meant. We're just worried about you."

"I said, I'm fine. But thanks for checking." You grabbed your lunch box and backpack and quickly made your way back to the school parking lot, getting in your car and driving home, tears rolling down your face the entire ride.

Days had passed, and you forced yourself not to go to the picnic table to talk to Eddie. You needed to let go and move on. You needed to let yourself heal. You walked into the video store where by some miracle Steve and Robin still worked at, wanting to find a comedy to occupy your mind.