Chapter 94

You, be my colleague (5)

* * *

Ritlen had brilliant talent.

Volatun instantly recognized that and brought him to the smithy. He taught Ritlen everything, from beginning to end, not wanting to entrust him to others because he feared Ritlen might develop a bad habit.

Sure enough, Ritlen’s talent was so great that he exceeded Volatun’s expectations.

‘This kid will be my successor!’

He was so sure of it that it became his desire.

Volatun then adopted Ritlen.

“Naturally, a lot of the boys were jealous, including my son. But even they had no choice but to acknowledge Ritlen. He was that remarkable.”

Good physical strength and persistence were the basic requirements of an excellent blacksmith but everyone in the Catallaman forge had that.

“Ritlen has great senses, keen eyes, and a bright mind. You can only be born with that.”

Volatun’s face was sentimental as he looked into the distance.

“When that young kid noticed the slight distortion in a sword, it was like he’d found a treasure.”

“But why is he now…” (Aristine)

In the personal details report that Aristine received, it stated that Ritlen was known as the black sheep of the Catallaman Forge. And those guys who were harassing Ritlen also said that Ritlen was causing trouble for the Catallaman forge.

“All blacksmiths must stand before the fire and an anvil.”

Thinking of Ritlen made Volatun feel frustrated that he started looking for his cigarette pipe then he remembered where he was and withdrew his hand.

“But that punk began to prefer sitting at the desk. I don’t know where this strange idea came from.”

Tsk, Volatun clicked his tongue.

He wasn’t denying the value of knowledge. However, the most important thing for a blacksmith was a proficient experience.

Ritlen was still very young and didn’t even have enough experience.

“A blacksmith is supposed to pound iron with their hammer and step on the bellows to handle fire!”

Volatun’s anger surged as he thought about that precious talent going to waste and he spoke with fervor.

Mukali also nodded profoundly.

“It’s just as ridiculous as a warrior wanting to sit at a desk rather than swing their sword! You need practical experience more than knowledge!”

Aristine turned to look at Mukali with puzzlement in her eyes.

‘I thought Sir Mukali likes to study a lot?’

Mukali cleared his throat when he felt her gaze on him.

“If he sits around like a wallflower, his spirit as a blacksmith is bound to die! Maybe that’s why he doesn’t even make swords anymore, just some strange and crude things…”

Ritlen always had a meek personality and he liked small and delicate things. In the rough world of blacksmith, that wasn’t of much help.

Volatun tried to change Ritlen’s personality several times, but it was of no use.

“I even took him to the royal palace last time because I was hoping that something there could stimulate him…but he ended up secluding himself even more.”