118

Episode 18: Secretly…button (5)

* * *

“So this is a scalpel?”

“It looks completely different, though?”

The warriors were all familiar with getting injuries, so they were also quite familiar with the scalpel.

They talked among themselves as they studied the scalpels that were inside the velvet box.

Aristine leaned back in her seat in thought as she watched the huge-looking warriors huddle together and stare.

‘I just wanted to see Sir. Mukali, how did it turn out like this…’

She didn’t know why but Mukali turned ghastly and even the other warriors turned pale as well and they cried to share the honor of spending time with the Princess Consort.

It felt like a desperate struggle somehow. Like they were desperately trying to save their comrade from an imminent death.

‘Why are they so intense…?’

She had heard the warriors had a strong sense of camaraderie, but did they have to do everything together to feel at ease?

Aristine pondered about it.

It did bother her that the scalpel designs were leaked but she figured it would be fine since the warriors gathered here were Tarkan’s closest aides.

“So you were going to show this to Mukali.”

Tarkan mumbled softly.

‘Why not me?’

When that thought arose in his mind, he shut his mouth.

It didn’t matter whether Aristine came to show Mukali instead of him. He didn’t particularly want her to come see him.

“…”

To emphasize once again, he never wanted her to, nor did he ever expect her to.

‘But…’

Even if that’s the case, shouldn’t she tell him, her business partner, first, rather than Mukali?

She took care of Ritlen so much because he was her first employee so should she be treating her first business partner like this?

Tarkan’s gaze turned sharp.

But Aristine just nodded casually.

“Yeah.”

Seeing her overly natural attitude, Tarkan got angry.

“Why?”

“Because Sir Mukali helped me out a lot. We went to Catallaman together too.”

“That, even I…!”

“Huh?”

“…Never mind.”

Tarkan folded his arms and turned away.

‘Why is he acting like this again?’

Aristine shrugged and stopped bothering.

Her main focus was on the scalpel that was just finished today.

“It will be a revolution of the current scalpel even if it’s presented like this.”

Aristine picked up the scalpel in the box. The scalpel twinkled under the indoor lighting, reflecting the light cleanly.

“But I want to test it before that.”

“Test?”

Tarkan asked and Aristine nodded.