Chapter 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"So are we ----?"

VANYA'S FATHER STARTED DECORATING THE HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS. Every one of them (except Ron and Sirius) we're enjoying doing it. Ron was tired within the first ten minutes but the thought of cookies which he will eat after kept him together. Hermione was helping Mr Greene decorate the front door, James and Sirius were setting the Christmas tree, and Lily and Marlene were in the living room with them, decorating. Ginny and Itan went out to buy some candies. Harry was putting a small/fake Christmas tree and reindeer in every corner, he finds space. Lastly, Vanya and Remus were helping Mrs Greene in the kitchen.

"Put this in the oven will you sweetheart," Mrs Greene said and Vanya put it inside the oven

"Mrs Greene where are chocolate chips?" Remus asked "right there dear," She said "thank you"

"How come you never become a head boy Moony?" Vanya asked while sitting at the kitchen table "you got high grades, you can cook plus you are super nice"

"I am not that good," said Remus "Prongs was the head boy and I was perfect"

"James!? James Potter? Head boy?" Vanya shouted "can never imagine"

"I head that" came a voice of James from the living room

"He was pretty good with his work," said Remus "Lily was flattered"

Vanya noticed Remus looked tired. The full moon is after three days. Poor man.

Vanya gasped "what?" Remus asked "no -- nothing" she smiled. Vanya got a brilliant idea.

"I'll be right back" she ran out of the kitchen "careful" Mrs Greene shouted and Vanya bumped into Hermione "sorry" she ran upstairs to her room

Vanya took out parchment and a quill. She wrote two letters and gave them to her owl who fly out of her room's window.

There was a knock on the door "it's me" the voice sounded like Harry "come in"

Harry came inside and lay down on her bed "tired?" She asked "maybe," he said lazily

Vanya's heart started beating fast. She stare at Harry for longer than she expected. Harry looked up and their eyes meet. None of them looked away from the eyes of each other. Vanya blinked and looked away, feeling awkward.

The awkward silence was broken by her owl dropping a letter in her lap. She slowly open the letter and smiled.

"Who is it?" Harry asked while looking at the letter

"I'm going to tell you but promise you will not tell a soul," said Vanya and Harry nodded "OK look"

Harry read the letter and Vanya explained her idea "so?"

"That's brilliant" Harry smiled "you are brilliant" Vanya giggled.

Again the two met each other eyes. Harry reaches forward and pushed a stray piece of hair back behind Vanya's ear. She grabbed hold of his hand and held it by her face.

"What are you doing Harry?" Vanya whispered

He gestured towards his hand "what are you doing Vanya?"