Past

Percy Jackson. A name. A hero. A memory. Maybe it was because of what I became, maybe it was all just because of him. But memories fade, and it’s about time I do too.

Maybe it started when he arrived, maybe it started a long time ago.

All I know is that ever since then, life seemed a bit less worth living after everything. Scratch that, a lot less worth living. 

He was so burnt out.

It all started one day, a demigod named Damien stumbled into camp and claimed to be the true hero, fake claims of him working behind the scenes and accusing of the 'scams' of my torture.

But today, it would all end in a splash. 

The day started as any normal day. I was walking to the mess hall, the girls were slobbering all over Damian. I sat down at my table and picked at my waffles, lost in my muddled thoughts. 

After breakfast was over, we all went to our classes. But there was something off... Everyone was glaring at me and steering clear of me. I shrugged it off. I had already gotten used to the treatment.

After sword fighting class, I went to go meet Annabeth at the beach. I was planning to propose to her. I was a little nervous so I went early. But what I saw, it was horrible. Damian and Annabeth were kissing. With tongues and everything…

It was a strong and passionate one. And it broke my heart. I hid and watched for a little longer before storming off. I had spent so long working on a relationship strong enough for marriage. And this was my prize? I ran to my cabin with tears running down my face. I grabbed my things and wrote a note 

dear Camp Half Blood

I have left camp because it has nothing left for me anymore. Annabeth has cheated on me, Damien has convinced everyone to hate me, including the seven. life just has no more meaning to me. So I decided to run away. Sorry for those who still believe in me, but its not like anyone does. But i couldn't handle it anymore.

P.S

Annabeth, I was going to propose to you on the beach and I saw you cheating. I hope you like your new boyfriend.

I lay the ring beside the note. It was an owl flying over an ocean wave. The owls eyes were sapphires and the mist from the wave was diamond. I left my cabin and ran out of camp, hopefully never to come back. 

Boy, was I wrong.