# 1 Night terrors

What are you crazy?!" I yell into the pit, the hand holding mine started to slip from the edge of the sheer cliff face. I felt the darkness slowly creeping up my bare legs. My pajamas were dripping with sweat, from the strain of trying to hold on to him. I looked up to see who the dark force keeping me up was, I couldn't see anything of his featureless mass. The darkness was swirling, creeping closer to my face, and soon I fell into the abyss. I felt strong arms grab me and pull me closer. "Yes, yes I am!"

I awoke with a fitful start. I realized I was clinging to my sheets, hard. I looked at my surroundings. It was the same old Victorian style room that I was, some-what, used to. The peeling wallpaper, the old antique bed frame that squeaked at every tiny move, also the dust ridden vanity that was too large to be moved. Yes this was home, not one that I love but with everything else going on this is my touchstone. I guess the one thing I could always rely on. I took a deep, dusty, breath. And then immediately doubled over coughing. Two nights here and my allergies continued to get the best of me.

I sturdied myself and slowly stumbled across the floor, and down the dark steps. *Creak* I turned abruptly... my door had shut itself? Admittedly it was only a tiny bit open but still had it shut? "Thank you demons." I muttered to myself.

I (nearly) gracefully strode down the steps, and turned to the renovated kitchen. Out of all of the things to renovate, why do so many people choose a kitchen? Why not a bedroom, specifically mine. But that's out of my control. One thing that is within my control is what to eat-. I opened the fridge and nothing. Guess that's also out of my control. I turned to leave when the refrigerator beeped. Ah yes, the fridge that beeps every time it is not given attention. Says a lot about society that even fridges are supposed to have rights. I walked to shut it and started deeper into one of the drawers, aha a singular slice of cold pizza. But hey beggars can't be choosers. I picked it up and practically inhaled it. Although I don't know how I missed it, strange. "Thanks demons" I uttered under my breath.