# 8 The imortal and the restless

The day, after gym went by quite quickly. The girl who I threw that ball at had mysteriously vanished after class. Oh well I thought to myself. I also had yet to run into Layton, which was weird, considering the fact that we had basically the same schedule. Could he be avoiding me?

I don't know is why he would be avoiding me, but still it was a- "Oh hey Layton." Guess he wasn't avoiding me after all. I look at Layton, his brows were glistening with sweat, and his eyes were sparkling with the same enchantment as a kid on a candy store.

"Oh my anteiku, if I didn't know any better, which I don't, but I would say that Ray over there," he pointed to a very ticked of Kirsten, "Is either going insane or he has the hots for you." I snorted at his discovery. "Kirsten likening me? Ha! Wait did you say have the hots for me?"

We continued down the hall for a few more steps when the she demon came with a very sly looking Keana trailing not too far behind. "You there!" Keana shouted, pointing her perfectly manicured nail at me. I tried to play it cool, then when that didn't work I did the only other thing I could think of it in that moment... I grabbed Layton and ran for the exit. I mean had that been my best idea? No. But was that something that I cared about in this moment? Nope!

I ran with Layton's hand in mine, and shoved him into the nearest room, unfortunately it was the girls restroom. "Oh schist." I said looking around the room. Thank god, there was no one else in there. Layton turned sheepishly towards me, "I mean I feel this this is a real big step in our friendship!" I blushed and leaned against the wall.

Did I really just do that? "As much fun it is being in here, as I have never been this close to, er, women before. I would like announce that this is going to be hard to get out of, Lyah." I nodded, "A little bit, people are going to see you in here, and worse you'd be here with me." I shook my head. I knew my first day here couldn't get worse than being in a bathroom with some kid I picked up. Or maybe kid isn't the right way to put it... friend. He was a friend I picked up along the way.

I glanced up and my face lit up, while it was absurd it was an idea. "Layton, how good are you at scaling walls?" I asked with a lopsided smile, grinning at an open window. He noticed my grinning and the position of where I was looking. "I mean it's interesting, but it works!"

I took a few steps back right as the bell rang, signaling that it was all over, the torment that was this school. Also that meant we could legally get out of here. I ran to the window and threw myself onto the edge of the window. I nearly fell but grabbed myself last second and pulled myself up, and over (or should I say through) the window. I tumbled to the soft grass beneath me and barley made it out of the way of Layton.
***
I made it back home. The door and the fridge were both open. I was sure that I had shut both. Strange. I shut the doors and headed straight to my room. I pulled on some comfy clothes and flopped on the bed.

I took a little bit of a nap. By that I mean I woke up and it was completely pitch black outside. Crap. I looked at my backpack and realized that sometime during the day I received homework. Just peachy. I stood to grab the bag when my door slammed shut. Scaring me all to pieces. "Who's there!" I yelled into the darkness of the hallway. I decided maybe the homework could wait for tomorrow. A shower. The thought popped into my mind. I mean I probably shouldn't, I mean knowing myself I'd be speed running the entire thing. I don't take spooky things well.

Logic ruled out that the wind had simply slammed the door and I grabbed my things for the shower. I carried a black night dress, with lacy straps and a short v-neck. Along with a black hair brush.

I showered, and every few minutes paranoia settled in and I'd fling the curtains to the shower open, and hold my razor out intimidatingly at every small creek of the house. I finished the shower just as quickly as I had started it.

I dressed and dried my hair, the feeling of wet hair makes me cringe for literally no reason what so ever, so I dry it every night. I crept back to my room room, jumping at the shadows that danced around the place. I opened the door slowly scared what I might find within it. I was startled when I saw a shadow fly briefly in front of my window. I jumped, "Your fine, Lyah." I tried to reassure myself as I climbed into bed. All those years of watching ghost videos and believing we're catching up to me.

I tried at restless sleep, what has happened to me here are incidents of no importance, but I had a small feeling that they had something to do with Kirsten and his multiple outbursts today. I shuddered as I remembered those eyes and how clouded they became today. I closed my eyes, and began think of him. Kirsten, the boy I will never understand.

I soon fell into a restless sleep only to be woken up by a knocking at my window. At first I thought a storm had come and a tree was just shaking it. But the hazel eyes staring at me disproved my theory. I took a steady step towards the window, I was dumbfounded. How could he have possibly known where I lived? As I was just one step from the window, from him, I noticed something that chilled me to my core... I was lived on the third story of the house. I ran to the window throwing it open.

Kirsten, his eyes clouded, crawled through the window. Although, unlike the previous times his eyes had been like this, he seems more alive than ever, he was smiling. " K-Kirsten what, how?" I took a step back as he took a step closer to me. "Lynx, you have no idea how long I've been-" I put my hand up, "Lyah, I am Lyah, not Lynx. Wait, Kirsten you know that?" His smile wavered, but he nodded in understanding. "I see, Lyah." He said my name with grave disappointment. "I am not Kirsten, nor am I human. This sounds like a lot," I shook my head "You think?" I grumbled. I looked up and met his eyes, the eyes I had found so... hot.

"Kir- or whoever you are, you're scaring me. Please just leave." My voice wavered when I said it. *Bang*
There was a loud crash downstairs. "Lyah I don't have much time, but Lynx I've waited for so long to see you again, my love." Wait! Did he just say my love? He must've noticed my confusion, 'cause he was about to further explain. Key word being 'about' for someone or something came barreling into my room. "Gah, what the-? Wait, Mr.S?!" My fourth period teacher stood in my room. "Hello Lyah. Kastar step away from her." Kirsten took a step back, obviously scared of Mr.S. My teacher then turned to me "Lyah, he's messed with your serenity so no point in waiting to tell you. Lyah, I would say I apologize, but I feel no remorse." His hand which was balled into a fist opened, creating a gap in my floor. It was only a few feet wide, but it's depth, from where I could see looked as if it could lead straight to hell. "Mr.S, what-what are you doing?" I asked the fear evident in my voice. "Lyah, you know the term ignorance is bliss?" I nodded, "Well consider this the end of your bliss." And with that he pushed me into the pit.

———————————————————————————

Hi readers! (This is my first time doing this so bear with me) please tell me how you're liking this story so far, also please tell me if I make any spelling or grammatical mistakes. I'll also try to post 2-3 times a week! Thank you so much for reading! ❤️