two.

"The Hellfire Club part two"

☹︎☺︎︎

Avalon was walking to meet up with Chrissy, when she's stopped by Dustin Henderson. “Do you want to join Hellfire tonight?” He asks. “I have to be at the basketball game. Since I'm a cheerleader. Otherwise, I might've ” Avalon says before walking off. Avalon had talked to Dustin a few times. And he was nice, she kind of wished she wasn't busy, so she could join them. And not just to do a favor for Dustin.  She hears him cursing to himself, as she walks away. Avalon sees Chrissy waiting for her. And they start walking out to the woods. Until they find a wooden picnic table. “Hello!?” Chrissy calls out. Chrissy stares at a tree and starts walking backwards until she bumps into Eddie. Avalon looks at her concerned. “Woah, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. You okay?” Eddie asks. Chrissy looks back at the same tree in confusion.

They take a seat on the bench. As Eddie sets a metal box on it. Chrissy starts moving her leg up and down nervously. “There's nothing to worry about, 'kay? No one ever comes out here. We're safe. I promise.” Eddie says. Chrissy looks at Avalon for reassurance. “He's right, don't worry.” Avalon says. Chrissy nods. “So, how does this work, exactly?” Chrissy asks Eddie. “Well, just like any other old sale, except – uh – cash only, and for obvious reasons… no receipts. I'll do you a half ounce for twenty. What do you say?” Eddie says. Chrissy gasps as she hears something. Avalon turns to look, and it's only a squirrel.

“Hey, we don't need to do this. Just gimme the word and I'll just walk away.” Eddie says putting his box away. “It's not that. I don't want you to go.” Chrissy says, before looking at Avalon to make sure it's okay. Avalon nods in encouragement, to keep talking. Chrissy turns back to look at Eddie. “Do you ever feel like.. you're losing your mind?” Chrissy asks. Avalon looks at Eddie to see his reaction. “Uh — just, you know on a daily basis. I mean I feel like I'm losing my mind right now, doing a drug deal with Chrissy Cunningham. I would say the same about you Ava, but we both know that would be a lie.” Eddie says with a smile.

Avalon smiles back at him. “Y'know this isn't the first time that we've – hung out.” Eddie says to Chrissy. “No?” Chrissy asks. “You don't remember?” Eddie asks. “No, I'm sorry.” Chrissy apologizes, and looks at Avalon for help. Avalon shrugs, not knowing what he's talking about. She had hung out with him multiple times , but had no clue what he was talking about. “It’s okay.” Eddie says, before falling to the floor. Chrissy yells in surprise. Avalon laughs. “I wouldn't remember me either Chrissy. Honestly. I have stuff in my hair? You don't remember me?” Eddie asks again. Chrissy had joined in with Avalon in the laughter. “I'm sorry.” Chrissy says in between laughs. “Middles school,  Talent show. You and Avalon were doing this cheer thing. Y'know the” He motions moving his hands as if they had pom-poms. “It was pretty cool actually. And I – was with my band.” Eddie hints. “Coroded Coffin.” Chrissy and Avalon says at the same time.

“How could we forget?” Chrissy asks. “You looked different.” Avalon says towards Eddie. “Yeah, well my hair was buzzed. And I didn't have these sweet old tattoos.” Eddie answers. “You played the guitar, right?” Chrissy asks. “Still do. You two should come see us. We play at the hideout on Tuesdays, it's pretty cool. We actually got a crowd. Of about five drunks.” Eddie says. Avalon smiles as Chrissy laughs. She hadn't seen Chrissy genuinely laugh with other people besides her, in a while. “It's not exactly the garden. But, gotta start somewhere, right?” Eddie asks as he starts punching the trees.

“Wait, you play at the hideout?” Avalon asks. “Yeah.” Eddie responds. “So, that was you, playing there the other day.” Avalon says. “Oh, so you heard us play. What did you think?” Eddie asks. “I loved it.” Avalon says honestly. Eddie smiles at her. Chrissy looks between the two with a smile. Knowing that they cared more for each other, than they let on. “Okay, flattery works with me. So, a twenty-five percent discount, on the half.” Eddie says. Fifteen bucks. You're robbing me blind here.” Eddie says to the two girls. “Do you have anything maybe – stronger?” Chrissy asks.

☹︎☺︎︎

It was finally time for the game. And the cheerleaders started a cheer as the basketball players walked in. “Everyone please rise for our National anthem. We have a very special guest, all the way from Nashville, our very own, Tammy Thompson.” Principal Higgins says. The crowd cheers as she walks into the gym. Avalon grimaces, she wasn't going to enjoy this one bit. They all put a hand to their heart as she starts singing. After that 'lovely' performance. The game starts. And Jason smiles at Chrissy everytime he runs past her. Which makes Avalon want to vomit all over her brother.

One of the Seniors gets injured and Lucas Sinclair, a freshman gets put in his place. Jason calls a time out after a while. During the timeout the cheerleaders step onto the gym floor, and start a cheer. And the game starts as soon as they're done. Jason shoots the ball… and it bounces off of the hoop. The players fight for the ball once it falls back down. Lucas is the one that gets it and he shoots it from the three point line. As they only have two seconds left on the clock, and it bounces around the hoop a few times before going in. They cheer and yell in excitement. Chrissy and Avalon jump up and down as they hug each other. Before they join the other cheerleaders in surrounding the basketball players. And cheering for them, loudly.

☹︎☺︎︎

It was after the game, and Avalon and Chrissy had met up at Eddie's van. He drove them to his trailer, and invited them inside. “This is my castle.” Eddie says to them. “Sorry for the mess. Maid took the week off.” Eddie says as he picks up some trash. “You live here alone?” Chrissy asks. “With my uncle. But he works nights at the plant.” Eddie responds. “How long does it take?” Chrissy asks. Avalon looks at Chrissy, worried. She hadn't said much after the game. And it was concerning her, a lot.  “Sorry?” Eddie asks. “The special K. How long does it take to kick in?” Chrissy asks. Avalon was sitting in a random chair that she'd seen, waiting for Eddie to bring her, some of her 'happy pills'.

“Well, depends, if you snort it or not. If you do. Then it'll kick in pretty quick.” Eddie explains. “You're in need of more happy pills, right Ava?” he asks Avalon. She nods in response. He hands her a bag with pills. “Thank you.” she says as she hands him the money. Eddie leaves the room to go find the Special K, leaving the girls in the living room. Avalon starts opening the bag, about to put one of the pills in her mouth when she sees that Chrissy is standing very still. “Chrissy?” Avalon asks. She doesn't respond. Avalon walks closer to her, to try to see what's wrong. Eddie comes back into the room. “Why is she standing like that?” He asks Avalon. She shrugs, and continues to try and wake her up, from whatever trance she's in.

“Chrissy, come on wake up.” Avalon says again. “Hey, hello.” Eddie says snapping his fingers in front of Chrissy's face. “Chrissy? Hello?” Eddie continues. Suddenly the lights start flickering. “Chrissy, wake up.” Avalon all but yells. “Wake up Chrissy. Chrissy wake up! I don't like this Chrissy! Wake up!” Eddie starts yelling. “Wake the fuck up Chrissy!” Avalon pleads. Chrissy suddenly starts levitating. Eddie and Avalon look at her in shock. Her body hits the ceiling, scaring them. Her bones start snapping at different angles. Which makes Avalon and Eddie scream in fear. And hold onto each other, incredibly scared.  Chrissy's eyes start bleeding, and suddenly look as if they've been pulled out.

Avalon looks at her in terror. Her best friend is dead. And she had no idea how it had even happened. All they had wanted was to buy drugs, and forget about their problems. And, because they were going through similar problems.
Nightmares.