one.

"the hellfire club part one"

☹︎☺︎︎

Red, red, so much red. The blood, the smell of it should make her sick to her stomach. But, rather, she enjoyed it. The crimson liquid spilling down. Drops of it falling into the water, as she washed her hands. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She had done it. She had finally finished what he had started. It would all be worth it in the end. The liquid stuck to her skin, and wouldn't come off. She sighed, and grabbed more soap. Rinsing her hands once more, before drying her hands with a towel. She turned around, and -. Gasping for breath Avalon woke up, startled.

It had been a nightmare. She didn't understand it, why did she blood have on her hands? She shook her head, and got out bed, feeling the sweat. She almost tripped over her pillow, which had fallen to the ground sometime during the nightmare. She grabbed her clothes for practice, and walked cautiously, as to not wake up her brother. Whose room is next to hers. She walked into the bathroom, and immediately turned on the shower, wanting to get rid of the sweat, as quickly as possible.

She undressed, and stepped into the shower. Flinching as the hot water fell down her face. After her shower she put a small braid into her hair. Something that she had started doing when she was seven. Walking outside of her family's home, she stood on the porch. It was still too early to leave, but she might as well. Being co-captain on the cheerleading team, she always arrived first. Her best friend, Chrissy is the other co-captain. They were non-debatively the best on the squad. Avalon walked back inside to get her keys, when she just about crashed into Jason, her brother.

He stood there staring at her, probably wondering why she was ready so early. "Are you leaving early again?" He asked. "Yeah, I need to practice on my own, before everyone gets there. And before the pep rally starts." She answered, quickly coming up with a lie. "Okay, I'll see you later." Jason replies. Avalon nods, going to her room to get her things. She grabs her keys, and her bag, and leaves her room. Not knowing that she wouldn't be seeing it for a while.

☹︎☺︎︎

She had decided to actually practice. So she takes another shower after practicing, and changes into her cheer uniform. She meets the other cheerleaders outside the gym. They walk in and start their performance. The schools band starts playing music for them. Their performance comes to an end as one of the male cheerleaders does a few round offs. They all cheer and walk towards the bleachers. Chrissy takes a seat next to Avalon. And smiles at her. Avalon smiles back. "Let's give it up for the tigers." The principal says. The basketball team walks into the gym, and everyone cheers for them.

"First off I'd like to thank each and everyone of you. Without your support we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand. And of course - of course a very special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time. The tiger cheer squad." Jason says after taking the microphone. The cheer squad smile and cheer at his last statement. "Chrissy - Chrissy i love you babe." Jason says as he pats his chest, where his heart is. Chrissy smiles and blows a kiss towards him. Avalon smiles at the two, as everyone awes at them.

"Y'know... I think I can speak for all of us when I say, it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder - how much loss can one community take? In dark days like this we need something to believe in. So last night, when we were down ten points at half, to Christian academy. I looked at my team. And I said, think of Jeff, think of Melissa, think of Heather, think of Billy, think about our heroic police chief Jim Hopper. Think about each and everyone of our friends who perished in that fire. What did they die for? For us to lose to some crap school? No. For us to return home with out r heads hung low in defeat? No. No. Let's win this game. Let's win this game for them, and and that's exactly what we did." Jason says.

Avalon lost her smile during the speech. Almost everyone was cheering for her brother. But, her brother had mentioned Heather whom had been one of her closest friends, and Billy who had been her boyfriend. And all for a basketball game? She was mentally flipping him off. He had no right - no right to mention them. "We embarrassed those candy asses in their own house. And now, tonight - tonight we're going to bring home the championship trophy! Let's go!" Jason says finishing his speech.

Chrissy had looked over at Avalon to see the rage in her eyes. And it clicked in her head. "Are you okay?" Chrissy whispered. "If he hadn't said that, i would be." Avalon says before getting up, and walking out of the gym.

☹︎☺︎︎

Avalon was standing by the bathroom door, waiting for Chrissy to walk out. When she sees Max Mayfield walk out of the bathroom instead. "Hey, Max. Is Chrissy still in there?" Avalon asks. "Yeah." Max answers before walking away. Avalon walks into the bathroom after waiting for a few more minutes. She sees Chrissy looking scared. "Chrissy?" Avalon asks. Chrissy looks at her startled. "It happened again, didn't it?" Avalon asks. Chrissy nods her head in response. "Can you come with me to buy something from Eddie?" Chrissy asks. "Yeah, I need to restock anyway." Avalon answers.

They walk together to the cafeteria, to get their lunch. When they see Eddie Munson walking on a table. "But, as long as you're into band, or science, or parties, or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" Eddie yells. "You want something freak?" Jason asks. Eddie responds by putting his hand up to his head to form horns, and sticking his tongue out. Jason immediately sits back down. Avalon laughs quietly. Eddie sees, and smiles at her. "It's force conformative, that's what's killing the kids!" Eddie says as he scares another student. He let's Chrissy and Avalon pass by. Chrissy raises an eyebrow at Avalon. Meanwhile Avalon pretends to not notice.