Breaking Down

A/N: Thanks guys for reading and voting and please leave a comment. This is a long chapter, hope you like it!
TW : talk of abuse

Elijah's POV

When Dominic told me I would be picking up me little sister this morning, as soon as I had gotten over the initial shock that we had found her, I was ecstatic

When Dominic told me I would be picking up me little sister this morning, as soon as I had gotten over the initial shock that we had found her, I was ecstatic. She was living in Florida, a two hour flight from upstate New York, Dom made all the arrangements with a judge to obtain legal guardianship of her and in less then two hours I was on our jet to pick her up and finally bring her home where she belongs.

I obtained my official Medical Doctorate early this year and out of habit I made sure to bring my doctor's medical bag, I try never to leave the house without it, in the mafia business you never know what situation you'll run into but you can bet it it'll be dangerous. On that note I do have to mention that, Dom has been hard at work legalizing all of the businesses and slowly handing over the reins of the criminal aspects off to our cousins in Italy to take over.  Dom decided when he took over as Don after our father was fatally shot that he did not want to bury any more of his family, he could diversify our investments and secure a better and safer income for us, but it's a slow and messy web to untangle from generations of organized crime, but it won't be long now before he can officially steps down as Don and into the sole role of CEO.

It's a short car ride from the airport to her school and I arrive 30 minutes before her lunch period. I am meet by two Florida police officers and Principal Edwards as we wait for Isabella.

Two things strike me upon seeing her 1) She is absolutely beautiful and 2) She is so petite and obviously malnourished.  I'm definitely going to give her a checkup and run some blood work, it's priority number one when I get her back home.

I choose to stay back and observe her while  the Principal and Officer's speak with her, that is until Officer O'Brien makes the biggest mistake of his career and lays a hand on my sister, that's when I step in between him and Isabella, nobody lays a hand on her and gets away with it. I won't bore you with a repeat of all that took place because I know Isabella a has already told you what took place and was discussed in the office.

Isabella's instant reaction to being touched raised a red flag in my mind and I observed her body language, she is stiff, makes no eye contact, her breathing and pulse are erratic at times. Something is not right.  Once Isabella leaves the office to clean out her locker. It gives me an opportunity to ask the principal some questions, "What are her grades like?" I ask the principal,

"They are perfect, she is gifted and in all AP classes, in fact I have talked with her recently about skipping a grade but she is against the idea for some reason" he replied

"Does she have many friends?" I ask him
"No, not that I'm aware of, her teachers say she is very quiet and rarely talks to anyone, she's friendly but not social" he says looking at me, concern written on his face. "My staff has also recently brought it to my attention that she almost never is seen eating at lunch, but she does usually come in the mornings for breakfast but she usually is only seen eating a granola bar or small muffin, this concern came up in our last staff meeting and it was my intention to discuss with Isabella about meeting with our school counselor during one of her classes, we don't know what's going on but we are aware that there is a problem that she needs help." He said looking directly at me.