Looking Back

Isabella's POV

  It's been two days since I came home from the hospital. I'd never admit this out loud but my body hurts worse now then it did in the hospital.  Dom is taking me back to my old house to collect some of my things today but if he knew how bad I truly feel he would force me back on bed rest.  Alex is coming with us  along with two bodyguards and everyone else is staying home.

  I can walk but Alex insists on carrying me onto our private jet. He and the rest of my brothers and cousin have been carrying me everywhere, if they keep this up much longer I'll forget how to walk.  Elijah has been doing Physical Therapy with me, it's painful and it sucks but I'm forced to do it. This trip has given me a pass on it for at least one day, for that I'm grateful. 

  He sets me down on a couch, puts my seatbelt on and covers me with a soft blanket and kisses my head before heading to the seat across from Dom and taking his seat.  I smile at them before snuggling deeper into my blanket, scrolling through my phone just trying to distract myself from the thought of walking back into my old nightmare of a "home" and all the memories that are trying to resurface.  Sleep soon overtakes me and I drift into oblivion.

  Waking up as Dom gently shakes me.
"We've landed Tesoro, do you want me to carry you or do you want to walk?"
"How can we be here so fast?" I ask rubbing the sleep from my eyes, somewhat confused at what he just told me.
"You slept the whole flight and that's good the sleep will help you heal faster." He says as he smoothes out my hair with his hand.

"I'll walk, thanks." I say answering his question and untangling myself from the blanket but keeping it wrapped around me as I exit the plane with my family.  We have a car waiting with a driver standing by to open the doors as we all pile into the car.

  I am feeling very nervous and ashamed at the reality of my family witnessing where and how I lived.  I grew up with practically nothing, the house is somewhat decent but it needed basic maintenance and Sam never bothered to take care of it.  While I was lost in my thoughts, it wasn't long before we arrived.  Looking at the house as we exit the car has my heart beating fast and my palms sweaty. 

  I try to remind myself that I'm with Dom and Alex and they would never let anything happen to me.  They are flanking me on both sides as I slowly walk up to the door, only now realizing I don't have the keys before I even start to panic, Dominic reaches out and inserts a key turning the lock. I look up, in shock, "How...? I start to ask.  "I had the police FedEx the keys to me, once they were done processing the house." He tells me.

I just nod as I walk in but stop in my tracks as bad memories wash over me. I hear Alex and Dom talking to me but I'm having trouble making the words out and I'm feeling lightheaded from lack of oxygen reaching my lungs and brain.  "Hey Tesoro, listen to my heart and feel my breathing, match your breaths with mine, I've got you, your safe.  That's it slow deep breaths in...good." I hear Dom telling me as he rocks me in his arms, my ear pressed against his chest.  I feel embarrassed Alex and the bodyguards are seeing my mental breakdown, at least I'm not sobbing or anything... I've waisted enough tears over Sam, he's not worth it.  I raise my head up and look at Dom giving him a shy smile.